21

▲▲▲

Peppermint tea is believed to be good for morning sickness. Google stated that it helps to reduce nausea and vomiting. Jersey stood over the kitchen counter with her eyes narrowed. She grabbed the electric kettle's handle and poured the boiling water over the peppermint leaves that settled in a giant mug.

The tea steeped as she scrolled through her phone. Jersey went to her photos and examined some of the images taken in Aspen, Colorado. She noticed a picture of herself and decided to click on it. She looked cute as she stood there posing for the photo. Malcolm managed to capture her whole fit. She looked adorable in her coat and Moon boots. A Chanel hat covered her head, and she wore the matching scarf.

She studied her brown face closely, noticing how beautiful she looked. Her lips were full and covered in gloss. She wore lashes that were moderately decent since she did them herself; Jersey wanted to learn how to do her makeup, so she went for it; her long nails were ballerina shaped with French tips.

Jersey finally switched over to a different photo. She managed to catch Malcolm. He stood behind her as they prepared to take off on Christmas. The couple decided to see the Christmas lights. He looked serious as he stood behind her like a giant, waiting for the photoshoot to be over with. Jersey, on the other hand, turned into a supermodel. She held a fierce yet seductive expression as she snapped away, making sure to show her man's face in some while hiding him on the rest of the pictures.

Jersey sighed as she closed out of the app. Man, she had fun. She would never forget Aspen. Her first vacation outside of New York. She couldn't wait to tell Alesha all about it.

After allowing the peppermint leaves to brew, she finished it off by adding a drizzle of honey and a thin lemon slice.

Before Jersey could leave the kitchen, she noticed Malcolm walking inside with an indistinct expression as he opened the refrigerator. She turned around and eyed his back for a while. He didn't bother to speak. Malcolm continued to push items around in the fridge.

"I know you're not feeling good, so I made you some tea." She presented him awkwardly, gnashing her teeth afterward.

It took him a while, but he did turn around. Malcolm grasped the apple in his hand as he inspected her meticulously yet rapidly.

Jersey grabbed the mug with the hot tea and presented it to him. He looked down at it, face still contorted in a way she couldn't possibly describe.

"What kind of tea is it?"

"Peppermint," Jersey answered lowly. "I asked Amber to pick up some peppermint leaves from the market before dropping Ivy off."

"Alright," Malcolm pushed out some air and took hold of the mug.

"Hopefully, it'll make you feel better."

Jersey lucked up and avoided the whole morning sickness. Malcolm caught it yesterday morning. He ended up feeling sick, which led to him constantly throwing up. He stayed in bed all day, avoiding everybody.

Jersey tried to get him to eat, but he refused. She made solid food, which wasn't tempting enough for him. The next day, she did her research and found some soups and beverages that he would be able to eat and drink.

Malcolm took a few sips, nodded his head, and walked off. She heard him mumble thank you under his breath as he strolled into the bedroom.

▲▲▲

It took Jersey three hours to get settled in her office. Ms. Joana, the human resource trainer, helped her get into her systems. She also made sure Jersey was given a badge. She would need it to enter every area of the building.