41. dream, fairytale, fantasy.

you're the one for me
even if you run from me..

*

omniscient.

"How do you feel?" The deep voice the girl was foreign to uttered, as he watched her hesitantly digest some of her orange juice.

Of course, Kadeef wasn't expecting an answer to that question. Even a blind man could see that the girl was traumatised beyond belief, from the crazed look that danced in her once innocent eyes, and the flinching she did with every move he made- it was evident.

The girl stared at him, her face full of emotion yet blank all the same. She was confusing. She was confused. Her eyes were wide as she analysed each component of his brown face. She was searching for any familiarity, yet she couldn't find any. Her memory was a blur and trying to remember things sent her into an uncontrollable migraine.

Kadeef was patient with her. He regarded her in a calm manner always, yet the girl was still suspicious of him and he couldn't blame her. It was clear as day that some fucked up shit had transpired, leading her to attempt to take her own life: so Kadeef took his time with her, he was calm like that.

The soft 'thankyou' that the girl murmured didn't go unnoticed, Kadeef only nodded in response not wanting to frighten her too much. Progress, was the word he thought as he watched her place her finished plate of food into the sink.

She turned around to face him, but kept her head down as she scratched uncomfortably at her scarred arms. She hummed to herself softly, before raising her head up to stare at Kadeef.

He looked well kept, with his freshly twisted locks that was accompanied by a clean shape up. His skin was brown, a deep honey brown; dewy and sweet. His lips: plump, and his eyes maroon, and almond like. His lashes were the best part, they were amazingly long and made his face stand out even more.

She watched him with wide eyes, as if she was stuck in a curious daze.

"What's your name?" Her tone was soft and questionable.

"Kadeef."

Kadeef, she repeated, practicing the man's name on her tongue.

"And yours?" He didn't want to push too much, but he tried his luck.

She opened her mouth, squinting for a moment. Her hand instantly went to her aching head as she searched her brain for answers. Nothing. Her mind was blank. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she tried her hardest to remember her own name, yet she struggled.

"I can't remember." She frowned, looking at him with sad eyes.

Kadeef's mouth fell agape as realisation hit him.

This girl was suffering from memory loss....

*

"Where the fuck is she?" Pharoah bursted into the house with purpose as he went in and out of every single room, looking for her.

His face was set in a hard glare, and his eyes danced with fury. How could his brother be so idiotic as to do this to her. The same girl that held the answer to all the problems.

Pharoah froze as his eyes landed upon her stationary body. Her chest didn't rise, she didn't make a sound. She just lay there.

"No..." He mumbled to himself as he stared at her pregnant belly, "No," he repeated as he stepped closer to her frozen figure.

"Nana." Were the last words he cried out as his tears flooded from his once heartless eyes, down onto the dead body of his fallen lover.

Then a single gun shot sounded out into the atmosphere, and he froze before collapsing to the ground and falling directly next to the mother of his unborn child. His own blood mixed with hers, as he faded in and out of consciousness.

The culprit left the scene, not checking if Pharoah had really taken his last breath or not.

Was it the end of his marvellous reign?
Because the city had already fallen...

*

The rain hit against the wet pavement with purpose as the fast droplets thundered against the ground that built London. The wind howled, the trees swayed yet Nasir stood stationary in the middle of the road in a manic like daze.
The roads were empty, void of any fellow Londoners. Nasir's long black dress danced in wind as her heavenly brown skin radiated a angelic glow underneath the moon light. Her curly Afro tresses were dampened by the precipitation that fell from the night sky, yet still she stood still.

Her chest never rose, nor did it ever fall: she hadn't taken a single breath. Her eyes never blinked, her mouth never spoke. She could not hear, and her sight was nothing but a mere memory. Blind and deaf, blind in death. Nasir was gone. She was gone...yet she still stood there.

In the middle of London's once busy road, underneath the twinkle of the night stars: she remained still, with only her black dress -that resembled the night sky- flowing freely. Even Nasir couldn't flow freely. Even when she was supposed to be free, she was still encaged.

Nasir was void of her speech, her breath, her sight and the girl was practically deaf: yet she could still smell the metallic smell of her ancestors blood, mixed with hers. She felt their cries, they mixed with her own. And the rain that hit her skin reminded her of tears; her tears.

They weren't the tears of A Gangster, because the poor girl - even in deaf, or in death- still hadn't heard the cries of A Gangster.

A Gangster's Cry.

And then Nasir woke up, scanning her skin for the droplets of rain yet her skin was bare and dry. The girl could breathe, she could see, and least of all the girl could hear.

"It was all a dream," and those words clarified that she could speak.

Yet she still hadn't heard the cries of A damned Gangster.

A Gangster's Cry.

*

990 words.
Not proofread.

Vote, comment.

- taimoni.