87 | home

LYRA heard a loud explosion that had her head snapping up

LYRA heard a loud explosion that had her head snapping up. She narrowed her eyes as a person began to walk through to the cells. A smirk graced her lips at the sight of Steve Rogers, eyeing each cell distastefully. Clint and Scott had left after taking family deals with Ross. Ross did not offer Lyra a deal, instead opting to telling her that he hoped Tony forgets about her.

Steve broke open Sam's door first before moving to Wanda's. Sam ran to Wanda to help her out of the jacket they had her in to keep her hands away from her view. As Steve broke open Lyra's door, he smiled sadly at her.

"Lyra..." he said softly. "I'm sorry." He ripped the chains from her wrist, helping her stand since she had hardly been able to eat because of the chains. Her body shook as a wave of orange flowed through. "We have to go. Now."

Lyra watched Wanda take out a guard, and before Lyra knew was she was doing, she sent a large fireblast in the center of the ship, willing it to go down and create a hole. She was angry. She wanted revenge.

Steve calmed her down enough to get on the Quinjet he had used. Once on it, he went to fly them out of there.

"What happened when Stark came to find you?" Sam asked as Lyra and Wanda held onto each other.

Steve sighed. "He found out Bucky killed his parents. He was the Winter Soldier given a mission he had to complete," Steve admitted.

Lyra gasped as she kept her arms wrapped firmly around Wanda. "Tony didn't see it that way, did he?"

"No. Bucky and I... we beat the shit out of him. He ripped Buck's metal arm off... but someone else showed up. King T'Challa. He found out from the psychiatrist the truth, and he is taking care of Bucky right now. As for us, Lyra... I'm bringing you home."

"What? They'll send me back!" Lyra shouted.

"No. I sent Tony a letter... I told him I'd drop you off at the facility. Sam, Wanda, and I are going into hiding. I'll probably end up taking Pietro since he's been a mess without Wanda," Steve said. "You'll be safe because Tony won't let anything happen to you. Not again."

Lyra rolled her eyes. "You say that—"

"Think about Charlotte."

"I know," she whispered, shutting her eyes tightly. "Gods, this is so screwed up."

Steve nodded. "I know, but I need you to stay safe. I'll take care of Wanda and Pietro. You know I will."

Sam shook his head. "I heard Nat's on the run?"

"She let Bucky and I go. Ross didn't like that."

Lyra scoffed as they stayed in stealth mode as they landed the Quinjet on the roof of the facility. Pietro stood outside with two bags in his hand. It was a split second of hugs goodbye before Pietro jumped on the Quinjet and left with the trio. Lyra stood on the roof of the facility completely alone.

Shivering, she walked inside and immediately went to Natasha's room. She took a shower and changed into her clothes before walking to the briefing room to see Tony sitting alone at the large table. The entire facility was quiet as she assumed the only other person there was Vision. She knew Vision held Wanda in his heart?—did he have a heart? Either way. Vision would find Wanda. She was sure.

"Where's the rest of the misfits?" he asked, his tired eyes finding hers.

"Gone. Pietro went with them, so don't look for them," she said seriously.

"Wasn't planning on it. Vision is hurt that Wanda didn't say goodbye," Tony mocked, standing up and rounding the table.

Lyra crossed her arms. "He'll have to be a big boy. The world's not fair. He'll have to learn that the hard way."

Tony nodded, leaning against the table right in front of her. He crossed his arms as well. "You sunk the whole prison," he commented conversationally. Lyra almost laughed.

"Good. That's what I intended to do," Lyra said with no remorse.

Tony smirked. "Ross wants you dead."

"Ross offered Clint and Scott family deals because they had children yet refused me one. I want him on another planet with only Loki to take care of him," Lyra replied with her own smirk.

Tony shrugged. "Guess we'll just have to ignore his calls. Act like you were completely innocent. It'll be easy once we get the media involved. Who would send the Iron Princess to jail?"

"Completely insane to do so," Lyra agreed. "If someone dared to, they'd probably be on the couch for the rest of their life."

"Right. The couch. That's a fun threat," Tony said, nodding. "Of course, I'll do whatever it takes to make you not mad at me anymore. I do admit I was wrong. This whole thing was a shit show."

"I'll retire for good," Lyra said. "You can take my suit. My powers are kind of stuck to me, but I won't use them in public," Lyra compromised as Tony walked closer to her.

"Yeah, then what?"

"We go home. Charlotte needs us to be there. Not fighting other people's battles. I'm done saving the world," Lyra admitted. "Especially if the world only puts me down for doing so."

Tony was chest to chest with her now. "This is a shitty world," he agreed.

"But Charlotte has to grow up in it, so I'm glad I had a chance to make it less shitty. It's up to the youngins now. How's Peter?" Lyra asked as Tony placed a gentle hand on her waist. "I thought about letting him be our fourth child."

Tony smirked. "Having the time of his life with his new suit."

Lyra nodded as she let her head fall onto his chest. "You gotta admit, up until Rhodey, the whole battle thing was fun."

Tony's chest shook with laughter as he completely wrapped his arms around her, holding her to his chest.

"I mean we kicked your asses good. Did you see Scott turn big? Fuckin' comedy gold," Lyra said as she looked up at him with a grin.

"Well, we knocked him right out."

"Only because Peter watched Star Wars enough," Lyra retorted, still smiling. "I cannot believe you brought a kid to that."

"I wouldn't have let him get hurt. I only brought him as a distraction," Tony said. "He told me he took out Wilson and Barnes. That's pretty cool for him."

Tony smiled down at her, kissing her forehead as they were quiet for a moment. She held him tighter. "I'm sorry about your parents."

He froze.

"Figured Capsicle would tell you. Did you know?"

"No. Honestly," Lyra said. "J-Just try to remember that Hydra had control of his mind. Okay?"

"Still killed them." Tony nodded after sucking in a breath. "I know. I'm not currently after him. It took me a few days to calm down, but nothing will change it. I just wish my mom could have lived."

"I know, honey."

"But like you said, life's not fair," Tony said, backing away just as his phone rang. "Yup. Life decoy of Tony Stark speaking. Oh, Ross? Right. She's with me. You want her? Nope. Can't have her. Especially after the way you treated her." Ross was yelling. "Can't touch me! I'm a billionaire that'll put your ass in jail faster than you'd ever dream!" He ended the call with a smirk.

"Let's go home," he whispered as the facility seemed eerily silent.

"Home," Lyra repeated, keeping a firm grip on Tony as they left.