84 | airport

LYRA smirked as she walked with Steve on the private runway

LYRA smirked as she walked with Steve on the private runway. Clint and Wanda had brought her old suit from headquarters, and she could not deny the sliver of excitement from wearing it again. Steve noticed the chopper ahead, but they knew they would not leave on it since Tony was around. Lyra jogged a bit to keep up with Steve just as an electric surge went through to disable the helicopter.

Iron Man and War Machine flew in front of them. Tony's helmet flipped off as his eyes went from Lyra to Steve to Rhodey.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?"

Rhodey nodded. "Definitely weird."

Steve, being Steve, tried one last time to get them to understand. "Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

"Bucky didn't bomb Vienna," Lyra added just as T'Challa, clad in his Black Panther suit jumped over a truck to land in front of them.

"Captain. Mrs. Stark," he greeted.

"Don't call me that right now. Opposite sides here," Lyra called with a smirk, finding light in the dark situation.

Steve nodded once at the king. "Your highness."

Tony flinched at her words but shook his head as if to clear it. "Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?"

"You're after the wrong guy."

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday," Tony said.

"Because of the psychiatrist!" Lyra added.

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't," Steve said just as Natasha appeared with a grim look.

"Steve... you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?"

Tony rolled his eyes. "All right, I've run out of patience. Underoos!"

Suddenly, a spider web? was shot at Steve's shield as Steve's hands were tied together by a person in a red and blue suit with a spider on it. Steve's shield was pulled to the person's hands as he flipped onto a truck. Lyra gasped as Pietro suddenly ran in, grabbing her arms behind her back as he kept a firm grip on her. Lyra's eyes softened at Pietro as she struggled to get out of his grip.

"Nice job, kids," Tony called.

"Thanks. Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit—Well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's—it's perfect. Thank you."

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation," Tony said as he noticed Lyra's eyes widen and her body glow orange. "Oh, Ly, don't yel—"

"You brought a child to this!? Are you out of your fucking mind!?" Lyra yelled, and Pietro yelped when her body became too hot to touch. She felt her palms light up on fire as Pietro backed away.