Chapter 19

Same outfit as last chapter x

Third person's p.o.v

"Avangaline" Ava hears a voice from behind her. One that she has become all to familiar with.

"Elijah, what a surprise" Ava speaks out not wanting to let on that she already knew he would be coming.

Before Elijah speaks he gently grabs a hold of Ava's hand and places a delicate kiss upon it.

"It's okay Avangaline my sister told me about you being informed I was coming there is no need to be shocked."

Elijah doesn't speak for a couple more seconds simply because he can't take his eyes of the sight in front of him.

"Are you okay?" Ava asks him not really sure why he is just looking at her. Did she have something on her face?

"Sorry I've just missed being in your presence " he replies not caring how cheesy it sound. All he knows is that it's the truth.

Ava let's out a genuine laugh for the first time in a while.
"Elijah you saw me a couple of days ago I think you can calm down" Ava replies smiling so he will understand that she is just joking.
One of Ava's many problems that she has realised is that people tend to not know when she is joking or being serious. She tries to make it more clear now as in the past the very thing has gotten her into many, many problems.

"I know but since I've met you time doesn't seem to be going at it's normal pace " Elijah replies to her.

Ava quickly had to look away not wanting to get caught in a trace from his kind words. She has to admit it has been a while since she had heard words like that spoken to her.

"I'm sorry" Ava quickly mutters to him before she can get a chance to talk herself out of it.

Elijah was slightly confused.
" if you're apologising for not being sure about how or what you feel then don't" Elijah speaks while hovering his hand over Ava's as if asking if he could place it there. With no signs of resistance he place his hand over her's and continues on.
"Don't apologise for being honest about your feelings, it's the nicest thing people can do in situations, just be honest.

God why can't he just get mad, why can't he just be a dick Ava thought to herself. It would solve all her problems and worries about him but no he has to be one of the nice guys, well to her anyway.

"You're right, honesty is the best way to be, that's why I'm apologising. I kissed you Elijah then I ignored you like a total bitch and acted like I didn't know how I feel when I do."
"I mean I'm not declaring my love for you or any thing but I know that I at least like you, well you are one of the many few people I can stand to be around in this dreadful town so if that's not like then I don't know what is."