5 - Something In Common

For the next two days,there were some pretty good challenges,they played dodgeball,one of my favorite sports ever and then a talent show which wasn't my thing,I'm too scared to set foot on any stage,it makes me really anxious. I was just chilling in my trailer,looking through my song list when there was a knock on the door. "Coming!" I said as I put on my jacket,it was also late at night and it was a bit chilly outside,I open the door to see Chris,holding a notepad in his hand "Y/N,you're still awake I see! May I come in?" He asked with a smile "Oh,sure thing,come in" I said as I motioned for him to come inside.

I watch him sit down by the table and place the notepad on the table "So,I wanted to discuss some challenge ideas with Chef,but he was too tired for all of this and so were the producers,so I thought that you would be awake and I've decided to discuss it with you" He explained while smiling,I always wonder how does he smile so much? I could never smile like that for so long "Oh,tell me about your ideas for the next couple of challenges" I said as I sit next to him,but not too closely you know,I don't want to make him feel awkward.

He starts to explain the ideas that he wrote down on his notepad,making simple but silly hand gestures of the challenges and how they're suppose to play out,which made me giggle. "Oh,so you're saying that you want the campers to stay one night in the forest to test out their survival skills?" I asked,feeling curious and trying to understand the idea that he brought up "Yes,I want to see if they can outlive one night in the forest and then come back in one piece the next day" He said loud and proud "I think it's a good idea,why not do this challenge tomorrow?" I said as I shrugged,his eyes light up with joy.

"Awesome! So it's settled,this is going to be their challenge tomorrow!" He said as he stood up and walked to the door,he looked at me before leaving my trailer "Thanks Y/N,I knew that I picked the right person for the job!" He said as he left,I smiled "You're welcome!" I said as he closed the door,I look at him from the window before going to bed and look through my song list once again in complete silence.

>THE NEXT DAY,MORNING<

I wake up to the noise of my alarm,I turn to my phone and turn off my alarm "Another day on the job" I said to myself as I got up from my bed and do my usual morning routine. I set foot out of my trailer and I headed straight to Camp Wawanakwa to go wake up the campers,since Chris quickly told me last night that I have to wake them up at around 7:00 a.m. "I still have some time,so there's no need to rush,it's 6:45 a.m. after all" I said to myself as I went to grab myself a cup of coffee.

"Man,is this the new me? Getting a cup of coffee every morning?" I said to myself as I walk out the door with a cup of coffee in hand,there I saw Chris walking with a cup of coffee in his hand and a piece of paper in the other,I was going to wave at him until I missed a step on the stairs and fell on the ground,spilling my coffee in the process.

"Ow..I really..REALLY need to watch my step.." I said as I hold onto the wooden railing to steady myself,I stood still and try to balance myself so that I wouldn't fall and I managed to take a few steps forward "Oh thank god,I thought that I sprained my ankle just now" I said to myself as I walk towards Chris,who seems to notice what happened "Hey Y/N,you sure that you're okay?" "I'm completely fine Chris,no need to worry about me" He shrugged "Okay,if you say so,let's get to the campfire ceremony" "Okay!" I said as I follow him all the way to the campfire ceremony to tell the campers about today's challenge.