My biggest mistake was leaving you

This is my first short story on wattpad but my second story and i really hope you guys like it and please leave comments. I'd realy like to hear what you think. (This story is complete)

“And a one, two, three, and four, five, six and seven and eight. Great girls take a break” said Miss Sara, our dance teacher, with a smile.  I relaxed out of my stance and stretched out my neck. “Ronnie, are you okay? You seem a bit off today” Miss Sara said as she touched me on the arm. I nodded slightly and said in a weak voice “I’m fine, really”. She let go of my arm and I walked over to Abby standing at the side of the mirrored room.

“Ronnie we’re 17 and still young. We also have a promising carrier as dancers for the royal ballet. You have to focus on dance and nothing else” Abby said in a stern voice. I smiled weakly at her. “I know Abby. It’s just that...well I love him and it was hard for me to leave him” I told her holding back the tears. She put her arm around me and hugged me too her. “I know you do. But you left him three months ago and now you really have to focus on this. We have an audition in 2 weeks” she said to me staring deep into my green eyes. I stared back into her deep blue eyes and realised the words she was saying was the truth. I nodded and faked a smile. She smiled back at me before turning and walking away towards the barre, her blond bun bobbing softly at the nape of her neck. I reached behind my head and pulled my bushy brown bun tighter. I walked off towards the barre to join the others.

“Okay girls listen up” Miss Sara said to us as she clapped us silent. We all went silent immediately. “The big audition is in two weeks and we need this dance to be spotless. Now, I need you all to concentrate- ”. She glanced at me before she continued. “-concentrate if you want to be accepted into the royal ballet. Now I want to see you run the dance again, properly” she stared at us all individually, her eyes staying on me longer than anyone else. “PLACES” she said loudly with a big clap of her hands. We all jumped to our positions and waited for the music to start.

I let my feet dance every step perfectly. I bent, leaped and stood on the very tips of my toes when I needed. But the whole time my mind far away and not involved in the dance. I was back in Australia, with him. He smiled at me and began to laugh. I laughed with him. He walked towards me...then vanished. I was back in the dance room, dancing. The music ended and we all stopped on queue in our correct places. “Girls that was great just a bit more practice and it will be absolutely brilliant” Miss Sara beamed at us. Everyone around me squealed with delight and began to hug and congratulate each other. “RONNIE?” called Miss Sara over all the squealing. I walked towards her. “What’s going on? You’re my best dancer and I can tell that you’re not fully in the dance. Your mind was somewhere else wasn’t it?” she stared quizzically at me. I looked up into her young face and opened my mouth to say something but I made no sound, I just nodded. “Well you have two weeks to sort this out and clear your mind of anything that’s not to do with this audition. I’m counting on you going to join the royal ballet” she said as she walked away to address the class. “One more time girls and we’ll call it a day” everyone rushed to their places and the music began.

“Hey, Ronnie. Did you want to come to mine for a bit? Scarlet and Maria are coming,” asked Abby when we got out side. It was now dark and 9pm. “No thanks I’m just gonna go home. We have been dancing for 4 hours” I said smiling at them and beginning to walk to the bus stop. I heard someone run after me. I turned around just as Abby had reached me. She pulled me into her arms. “It’s okay to miss him you know! Just remember what I said and try to focus.” She whispered softly into my ear. I reached my arms up and hugged her tighter. “Thank you” I whispered as I pulled away and continued to walk to the bus stop.

When I got home, Mum was in bed and Dad had already left for his night shift. I walked into the kitchen and flicked on the light. It flickered before it let of a yellow glow, illuminating the old fashioned small kitchen. I placed my bag on the table in the middle of the room and opened up the near empty fridge. I sighed and pulled out the cheese sandwich mum had left for me on a plate on the top shell. I closed the fridge and sat down at the table. I ripped a small piece off the sandwich and popped it into my mouth. I slowly chewed and then swallowed. I once again sighed and got up from the table. I opened the bin and put the rest of the sandwich in there and dumped the plate in the sink. I leant against the side and looked up into the light to stop the tears I had held for 3 months from spilling out.  I picked up my bag from the table and flicked the kitchen light off. I walk up the stairs and into my room.