Heading Somewhere

Brantley had invited the girls back to his bus after the show had ended. Everly was a little hesitant, but with some coaxing from Noelle, she obliged. Cole had left to go on his own bus after Brantley had wrapped a large, muscular arm around Everly after his set finished. She sort of melted in to him to make it look believable. But that wasn't hard at all. the smell of his cologne alone was intoxicating. His hug was that of a giant teddy bear. Like Everly was safe. Although, Cole's hugs never disappointed either. Neither did his lips. 

Everly sat cross legged on the dark brown leather seat in the bus, leaning up against the side of the counter. They were listening to the many stories being told by one of the guys in the band. All laughing at the idiocy. Noelle took a sip of the drink Ben made her. He stood next to her, his hand on her left shoulder. Brantley sat on the arm of the chair across from all of them, his laugh contagious. The low rumble sent a chill right through Everly. He looked over toward where she was seated, his green eyes smiling. 

"Where are you guys headed from here?" Everly questioned, biting her bottom lip. 

"Next few stops will be in Florida. Then back up to Tennessee for one." Brantley replied. 

Everly nodded her head, acknowledging the fact that Brantley would be leaving town soon enough and she was still the same old hot mess she had been. Only with a little make up and some real clothes slapped on. He must've noticed the wheels turning in her head at the thought of him leaving. 

"I'll be back home to Georgia for awhile in about three weeks." He spoke up. Noelle grinned at the exchange going between them. 

"I'll be somewhere, most likely in Georgia. I just don't know where." Everly tried to fake a laugh. As she heard the words leaving her own mouth, she couldn't help but feel like she was a failure lately. At everything. Even having a simple conversation with Brantley Gilbert, the man many females would die to even meet, felt like it was going awry. 

Brantley sensed her change in emotions. "Well then, we must do this again. Wherever you may be." He smiled. His green eyes roaming her body as she shifted to sit up better. 

"Deal." She shook her head, almost in disbelief. This beautiful man was making plans with her and he didn't even know anything about her. That was more than Cole could say. All he had been doing lately was apologizing. And it was getting old. Fast. 

About an hour later, Everly found herself just outside the door to Brantley's bus saying goodbyes. She was standing dangerously close to him as they exchanged numbers. 

"What cologne are you wearing?" She blurted out. 

"Huh?" He asked, unsure if he heard her correctly. 

"I mean, uhhh. Well.... you do smell very good." Everly's eyes widened as she tried to back track from embarrassment. She was a grown ass woman and he was a grown ass man. And all she could ask him was what cologne he was wearing? She needed to get a grip on herself. 

"Well, thanks. You smell very good too." Brantley chuckled, turning to face her completely. 

She was between him and the bus now. Her heart picking up pace she could almost feel it in her throat. She bit her bottom lip for the millionth time that night. Goodness, what this man could do to her. Brantley closed what little gap there was between the two, placing a hand around the back of her neck. His warm lips landing on hers. He moved them softly, making her weak in the knees. They pulled away from each other after a minute or two. 

"I'll call you." Brantley smirked from under his black baseball cap. 

"You better." Everly pointed a finger at him as she walked toward Noelle who had been waiting for her at the other end of the parking lot. 

The two girls giddy as can be giggled their way to the car, where someone else had been waiting for them as well.