Chapter 9

When the meeting was over I rushed to my car and checked the live feed before driving to my penthouse

When the meeting was over I rushed to my car and checked the live feed before driving to my penthouse. Gaia was safe but something had been nagging me about her over and over. She was safe in her new gilded cage at my penthouse.

I had just this morning decided to change my course of action with Gaia and take a different gentler route without stooping low on my knees. And now with that fucking deadline I am glad that I have already kickstarted. If my father gets to know Gaia has fangs, fuck knows what he will end up doing to her. And the things I will to him in retaliation.

When I reached home Gaia was still fast asleep. I checked the previous footage on 10x speed to see what she had done the entire time I was gone. She had dozed off after having breakfast, then spent an hour in the bathroom. My chest swelled pride, It had every single necessity and luxury a bathroom could have. During lunch, she came in a light blue romper. I have mostly seen her in them in the pictures, the small cabinet was filled with the type of clothes she preferred bought by Natasha and the lingerie handpicked by me.

When I got to the footage of late afternoon when she picked her plate of lunch, a deep rumble of laughter escaped from my mouth as I coughed out my brandy. I should have fucking added a mic as well because her lips were moving as she was probably singing a song.

Gaia took the silver cloche to the bathroom, a few minutes later she emerged back holding a ceramic manicure bowl. The handle of the cloche was fixed on top of the thumbhole, the cloche was filled with hot water. She carefully settled it on the floor and then her food plate on top of it. She waiting for the food to get fucking warm before digging in, enjoying every bite.

Pressing my index finger to my temple I rubbed it in circular motions to ease the growing headache. I didn't provide her a razor or electric appliances in the bathroom or a fucking fork and knife for food, afraid she might try to harm herself on a whim.

Valerius has to be a bigger asshole than me and brainless as he was emotionless if the rumors stand true. This girl is tough as nails forget trying to make her obey me or do even the smallest of my bidding. She deserves to be a consigliere, a Sovietnik for the bratva.

I shake my head shrugging out of my clothes as I chew on my own dinner my microwave had failed to warm evenly. When I was retiring to my room after checking the live feed, I went to change the thermostat again. Gaia wasn't draping a blanket over her, the temperature had been too fucking warm even I was only in my briefs.

All the memories of my interactions with Gaia dislodged in front of my eyes. Gaia's voice wasn't quivering because she was scared nor was she feeling cold this morning as she pretended to fake her shivers and cluttering teeth. Gaia stutters and she doesn't want me to know that.

 Gaia stutters and she doesn't want me to know that