Chapter 7

I was losing the grip on my sanity

I was losing the grip on my sanity. being my parent's child I knew there had to be something really wrong with me. My brother was the prime example. Carina had tethered both Azzaro siblings from falling apart completely. But she isn't here to glue my broken pieces, she must be doing everything in her power to convince Valerius to come to save me.

That asshole Mikhailov still hadn't come around nor has any food. Not that I could have possibly swallowed anything down in this condition. I hadn't showered in days or fucking pissed. If I develop incontinence, I will die of embarrassment.

I huddled in a corner to avoid moving an inch. He wants me to beg and when I will, he will be asking for something. I don't want to owe him fucking anything. I should have let that asshole Nero die. Sooner or later he will be killed by any of his latest chick's boyfriend or husband.

I balled my fist, clenching my teeth so hard it rattled my bones just to hold back my pee. The door unbolted from its locks. I rolled my eyes in disbelief How many locks do they fucking need?

Loud footsteps echo, Mikhailov appears in my vision wearing a dark brown suit, his broad shoulders were testing the seams of his jacket, his thighs were thick as tree trunks. His hair was pulled back in a man bun. The ruggedly handsome man was a sight for sore eyes and a great fucking distraction from a full bladder and the pain and discomfort in my lower abdomen.

Fear settled in my bones when his eyes met mine. I shouldn't be finding any depths in them but I did. I couldn't take my eyes off of him even if I tried. Forgetting the laughable situation of having a weak bladder is nothing compared to the time when I was under excruciating pain of a fractured leg. These eyes held me captive even then, the crowd around me had blurred. The pain turned into a weak tingle, the butterflies in my belly had fluttered wildly just by the concerned look in his eyes. I had actually believed it was a concussion and I was imagining things. Even though the doctors tried to convince me that I hadn't suffered any head injuries.

I had been so desperate to cling to the first man who liked me that I even checked information on every bouncer appointed there. Mikhailov's eyes and the way he peered at me, it had to be him. But what was he doing there?

Mikhailov thundered inside, my breath labored in agitation. I closed my eyes when he leaned down, expecting a blow from him. A surprised yelp slipped from my mouth when his body warmth came closer to mine.

When the robe I had blanketed around my body was snatched by his rough hands I panicked. Struggling to free my hands behind my knees, tucked between my legs tightly. My movements faltered when his arm wrapped around my shoulder and the other under my knees. I held my breath, my insides were screaming to jump out of his hold and run. But my muscles were jammed from staying on the floor in an awkward position for a long period.

Mikhailov stalked outside not glancing at me at once. His face had no visible strain that could give away he was holding heavy cargo. My eyes closed momentarily when we reached a narrow corridor as my ears flinched at the sound of a raunchy song that was running in the distance. The walls of the corridors were buzzing with the effect.