Heavy Mortal Hope

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

Mahatma Gandhi

It had been a few weeks since the incident with Silva

It had been a few weeks since the incident with Silva. Sky and Cynthia had taken to sleeping with each other. They alternated between dorms. They both couldn't sleep without each other. Cynthia was racked with nightmares, well, more memories. The only time they left her was when she was with Sky. 

What Cynthia wasn't expecting was to have the covers thrown off of her body. Cynthia moaned unintelligibly as she snuggled further into Nox's warm body.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty," the voice sang at Cynthia.

Cynthia just replied with a garbled moan. The culprit just laughed at her, "You need to get to breakfast, love."

Cynthia grumbled as she sat up, sending a mock glare at Sky for waking her up. Sky just laughed at her. Cynthia grumbled as she grabbed some clothes from Skys draws and went for a shower. Cynthia had effectively moved half of her clothes into Skys room and vice-versa. Neither her roommates nor Riven has said anything about it. Riven liked Cynthia. She was like his sister. Cynthia's roommates hadn't said anything about Sky because he was very polite to them. They knew that Cynthia was happier when Sky was around.

Cynthia trudged down to the canteen. Sky sent her off to find somewhere to sit while he went to get some breakfast for the two of them. Cynthia was just jealous of Nox, who had stayed in Skys bed. Cynthia plopped into a seat. She rested her head on her hands. She heard four chairs being pulled out from the table. 

Cynthia looked up to see her dormmates. Cynthia took note of how they had left a spot for Sky next to her. Bloom sat opposite her next to Aisha Terra was on her right. Cynthia smiled at them.

"And what can I do for you this fine mourning," Cynthia asked her dormmates, or at least she tried to ask them. She was interpreted halfway through by a huge yawn. They laughed good-naturedly at her.

"No, we had just grabbed our food and could see you were falling asleep," Bloom told the older girl.

"Figured we would come and wake you up," Musa laughed.

Cynthia could hear the chair next to her being pulled out. She looked up to see Sky sitting down next to her. He had a fruit bowl in one hand that he put in front of Cynthia, and in the other hand, he had some cereal for himself. Cynthia smiled gratefully.

"I see you guys have come to help me keep Cynth up," Sky joked.

They carried on eating together, occasionally chatting or just sitting in companionable silence. When Sky had finished, he checked his watch. Sky stood up.

"I have to get to training," he told them. He then bet down to kiss Cynthia on the head, "love you, shadow."

"Love you too," Cynthia told him, "Are you going past your dorm?"