Chapter 18: Simulation

(Mercedes POV)

That evening after Archer left my house, Jack and Lisa were training me together. Jack said, "You've come a long way, baby sister. I think it's time you see who you're really up against." I didn't want what happened last time I tried to fight Jack happen again. He isn't Spar or Dimitri.

He took off his shirt, unzipped his pants, pulling them off. Ariana, who stood on the balcony, look down at Jack and asked, "What the hell are you doing?"

I shot Ariana an angry glare because she was distracting me, which was the last thing I needed. My eyes fell on Jack, who slowly morphed. He grew razor sharp teeth, his skin got extremely hair, and his eyes morphed from Dark gold to a bright red. He was half-transformed because he wasn't on all fours.

Then, he galloped at me. I didn't hold back. I jumped it the air, avoiding his blow. Nevertheless, he grabbed me by my leg, pulling me into his arms. I asked, "What the hell?"

Jack answered, "I'm sparing you because I don't hurt girls." He put me down saying, "Hit me with you best shot."

I tried to punch him. Fail. He ducked. Quick reflexes. I tried again. Fail. Damn. He's good. Lisa said, "Remember what I taught you. You're forget already. Concentrate."

I tripped him, causing him to topple over to the ground. Lisa said, "Good, Howard. Don't forget. You are a witch."

I drew out my wand from my back pocket. Jack got up, laughing. He scoffed, "You're gonna try to fight me, with old wand?"

He also drew out a wand. Before he could, I utter the incantation, "Levis." He was instantly propelled in the air.

I said, "Disarmer." His wand flew to my hand. I grasped it. As I stared at him, I remembered Julia... The way she looked when she killed Ariana.

I tried to shake it. I tried to shake away the awful memory. I instant lost focus. He screamed, slamming to the floor face first. He coughed.

I sat down, lost in the memory of the fight in the woods five years ago. Jack said, "Mercedes. It's okay. Ariana's alive. She right up there."

"Then why does this bitch keep doing this to me! She killed my wife. I killed her. I should feel better. But I-I don't."

"Mercedes." Ariana stood next to me suddenly. She sat down, getting on top of me, pinning me down, and gazed at me with her piercing baby blue eyes. "Feel this." She placed my hand over her tommy. I felt the baby kick. I was stunned. Ariana smiled, "This is our future. Think about our future. Julia is the past. Dimitri is the past. When Spar comes, you'll be ready. Fearless. Kiss me."

Lisa was taking care of Jack. I turned to Ariana. She slammed her lips against mine. I laced my fingers into hers. She pulled away whispering, "I'm not going anywhere. Ever again. I love you, forever."

"Forever," I repeated.