Chapter 13

It was my last day. I would be leaving the next day. I was still depressed. I just laid in bed and stared at the ceiling. Occasionally Gustav came in and we hugged. My dad and my grandmother have been busy moving in all of the boxes from our old house into the new one. I hope Jack is helping. I hope my mom and Keira are good up in the clouds. I hope Keira is with her mom. I closed my eyes. I heard the doctor walk in," Imelda, since you are hopefully going home tomorrow, we need to do some tests just to make sure you are fully ready."

     "O-okay." I got out of bed and walked over to him, he felt my knee, my ribs and my neck. Then he pushed and prodded my arms for a bit.

     "Are you hurting?"

     "N-no."

     "Okay, you are all good to go for tomorrow."

     "G-good."

     "Do you need anything? Food or water?"

     "N-no."

     "Okay." I climbed back into bed and fell asleep trying to make the next day come faster. I wake up at 3 o'clock in the morning. I sit up and grab the picture that grandmother had given me. I stared at it for a long time. I prayed on it, I hoped on it, and I cried on it. I wanted to go home.

     The next thing I knew, Gustav was walking in. He sat on the edge of my bed and hugged me. I hugged him back. It felt good to hug somebody. It felt really good. He got up and grabbed something off of the counter. It was a present wrapped badly in pink and white Polka dot wrapping paper.

     "So that we can talk if we need to." And he walked out, his eyes welling up with tears. I carefully unwrapped it. There were beautiful sheets of paper, rough around the edges and a creamy color,bordering was a thin line of gold colored paint. The envelopes were the same but with instead were a gold color. On one of the envelopes was his adress. I smiled, this was the first time I had smiled since Keira left. It felt good to smile.