[7] Mista: beauty and the beast, part 1.

Hi, how's everyone doing?
Thankfully, I think I finally gain my energy to write again. 

This time, I'm back with Hanahaki Disease AU. If you know me from my Fugo book, you know how I am with this AU. I don't believe in happy ending in this AU so you should prepare yourself. 

Sadly, I have matters to attend so part 2 has to wait a bit later. Have this as the introduction to the story.
--- --- --- ---

Mista will trade everything he has to get you. If Satan himself comes to fulfill that only wish of him, Mista will sell his soul to have you. More than himself or any money and the sparkling jewel he could get, he wants you and you only.

Mista loves himself because he loves you. To think there was a chance that he couldn't meet you, Mista's not sure if he can survive at all. In this cruel harsh world, only you can melt the ice in his soul. All the joy he shows before was nothing but a facade.

Shows any weakness and he shall die. 

That's just how life works for him as a mafioso.

You, who comes down from heaven, Mista loves you to the end of the world.

For you who bring him to life.

The gang once again settled in Libeccio for the day. They have nothing to do for the time being as they just finished the long mission that Polpo ordered them a month ago. 

It's been a long time and Mista missed you so much.

"Are you gonna eat that?"

Narancia leans himself to Mista's slice of cake beside him. It's untouchable so Narancia figured that the gunslinger doesn't have much of an appetite.

"How brave of you to eyeing that cake while doing your homework?" 

Fugo pulls Narancia's ear, continues to scold him for the next ten minutes while Narancia himself whining that he's tired.

"Today's our free day! I don't want to learn now!"

"No! You've been slacking much anyway!"

Abbacchio had to separate them both while he's grumbling himself. On the other side of the table, Bucciarati and Giorno exchange glances then back to Mista who's been quiet. Something very out of character of him.

"Mista, are you alright?"

"Yeah, are you hurt somewhere? I should be able to fix you."

Mista glances at his two concerned teammates. He shrugs before leaning to his chair and folding his arms in front of him. Head's down and clears his throat.

"Nothing," he answers, "I don't feel too good about eating cake right now."

"Your throat hurts?" Giorno tilts his head.

"Do you want to go back first and rest?"

"Nah," Mista groans. "What's the fun of being alone? Narancia, you can eat the cake."

"Oh boy! Yeah!"

"Narancia!"

"You two, shut up!"

Mista smiles faintly now that the team lively again. Bucciarati and Giorno not bothering him again. He has plenty of time to settle on his thoughts. Mista covers his lips, dry and chapped. 

Right a month ago, when he departed for the mission with the team and had to leave you for the longest time, Mista felt extremely uneasy. Sometimes at night, his body temperature will rise up and better in the morning. He, who normally sleeps fine becomes the night owl. The mission was hell. It was insanely hard to do even for them that they had to explore the whole of Italy.