five

CHAPTER FIVE[ lights ]

CHAPTER FIVE
[ lights ]

They walked till it was dark. They had a fire set up around shipping containers. Aris walked out of one with some wood and chunked it into the fire.

Everyone was sitting or laying on the ground around the fire. Minho was playing with a knife when he said, "I thought we were supposed to be immune."

Teresa with her head on her bag said, "Not all of us, I guess."

Newt then spoke up, "If Winston can get infected, we should assume so can the rest of us."

Thomas had tears welling in his eyes. With tears streaming down his face Frypan said, "I never thought i'd say it but.... I miss the glade."

Minho started carving some wood with the knife he was playing with earlier.

Soon everyone fell asleep.

The next day when they woke up they were back to walking over sand dunes, in the hot sun. They kept walking not stopping, heading for the mountains.

Minho tried getting water from his bottle, just for it to be empty. He chunked the bottle to his right. They walked until night again.

They were in the middle of what seemed nowhere asleep on the ground. With nothing supporting them besides their bags and arms. Florence was laying tucked into Newt and Aris was on her back.

Thomas soon woke up cause of the lightning. He sat up and saw lights. He began waking everyone up. "Hey. Hey. Get up." He hit Newt's leg, who jolted wake-Florence following in suit. "Newt. Florence, get up. Come on, let's go. Frypan, Aris. I see something."

Everyone stood up looking to where Thomas pointed. "Whoa, what is it? What..."

"You see that." Thomas breathed heavily. "It's lights."

"We made it." Minho said, when thunder cracked. Everyone turned around and saw the lightning crash. Florence took one look and bolted.

"Bye bitches!" Florence screamed, running away towards the buildings with light.

After a few seconds everyone followed her. Florence was almost at the door when she heard a loud thud. She turned around and saw Minho and Thomas on the ground.

Thomas was moving and Minho wasn't. She rushed over to Minho. She and the others helped move him towards Teresa and Frypan whom was waiting at the door.

They all ran in and placed Minho ok the ground. "Who's got a light?" Thomas asked.

Florence tapped Minho's cheek lightly hoping for the boy to at least move. "Minho!" Thomas shook the boy.

"Come on, come on. Minho!" Newt said holding the flashlight.

Florence moved her hands away when Thomas grabbed Minho's face. Everyone was breathing heavily waiting and hoping their friend woke up.