60%

ten.

| l u k e |

            | 6:34pm – Tuesday |

Calum said I was a little too overdressed. Ashton said I looked like a darker version of Evan Peters. Michael just looked at me up and down, too quickly, and refused to meet my gaze. Then he said I looked handsome. I glanced at the mirror in front of me and fluffed my collar through my blazer. I looked yummy.

“You look like a member from The Beatles. You know, if they were Australian and psychotic killers,” Ashton commented. He was chewing chips too loudly. I snatched them away from his grip and threw it in the trash.

“Hey!” he protested.

“Fatass,” I mumbled.

“Don’t fucking swear!” he cried.

It was a little inside joke we had.

“Well, we better go,” I said while straightening my sleeve and admiring myself in the mirror at the same time, “a girl has a date with death.”

| 7:15pm – Tuesday |

I’ve drank two wine glasses of champagne already while waiting for her to show up. She was fifteen minutes late, or maybe I’m fifteen minutes early.

As I was about to call the waiter for another glass of their deliriously delicious champagne, my eyes caught the figure of a slender woman in a velvety dress entering the restaurant. I watched her scan the place before her eyes settled on me. I offered a little wave. She smiled and walked towards our table. I was too rooted on my seat to do the gentlemanly act of offering her one, so I just raised a glass as she sat down.

“This place is overly-extravagant, I’m sorry. Do you want to—”

“It’s fine,” I interjected.

“So have you ordered yet?”

“Nope.”

| 7:30pm – Tuesday |

“This is fucking delicious,” she commented while forking some mashed potatoes into her mouth.

“I know.”

| 7: 45pm – Tuesday |

I was hopelessly in love with her.

And not just because she was pretty, or that her cleavage was showing. I was in love with her because of her entirety—just generally her wholeness.

I fell in love with her in the moments wherein we were too awkward to say anything. I fell in love with her in the moments wherein we were too shy to say anything. I fell in love with her in the moments wherein we were too scared to speak because we feared we might ruin the moment. I fell in love with her in the moments in between the talking and the smiling and the eating. I fell in love with her all at once.

It was the kind of love wherein I was sure that she’s sure of me, and that she won’t be going anywhere. Not yet, not right now. Not after the closeness we’ve gathered as we sat in these posh chairs in this posh restaurant.

“If you had superpowers, what would it be?” I asked, circling the rim of my wine glass with my forefinger.

“Telekinesis, like Carrie White,” she said.

She’s not going anywhere.

| 8:20pm – Tuesday |

I was going to tell her.

We’ve abandoned the extremely posh restaurant and walked along the park just across from it. The street lamps lit the sidewalk, casting shadows on her face as we walked by. On her contours and on cheekbones. On her neck and her ears. On her whole body.

And I was going to tell her.

“If I told you something crazy, would you believe it?” I asked out the blue while she was in the middle of telling a story about her obsession with Rocky Horror Show.

She licked her lips. “I’ve been believing everything you’ve said this night, what would make it different?”

I laughed. A genuine one. “It’s harder to believe than the rest.” I watched a black van speed past us before I settled my gaze on her.

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Tell me then.” She softly elbowed my arm and smiled at the ground. I saw the black van run past again, this time, in the other direction.

“I—” I stopped. I had a moment of clarity. What if this will drive her away? What if this will drive away the only person in this world that makes me feel like an actual human being? What if this will drive away the only person I don’t plan on killing? What if what if what if? “—I’m in love with you.”

She rolled her lips into her mouth. “That can’t be it.”

I shook my head glumly. “It’s not.”

“What is it then?”

“I’m—”

The black fucking van pulled up right in front of us, and all I heard was manic screaming and doors being slammed shut. Someone pinned me on the hood of the van and I felt my hands being shackled. I peeked up and saw her being held by two more officers, tears running down her cheeks and profanities escaping her lips. Amidst the screaming and the protesting and the everything, all I could think of as I looked at her was: she’s not going anywhere.

But sadly, I am.

“Michael Clifford, you are under arrest,” the police officer roughly said “Anything you say or do will be held against you in the court of law.”

a/n:

well hOLY HISHT THAT WAS INTENSE OMGOMFGOMFGOMFG SO YEAH THAT’S THE END OF ALL APOLOGIES. YOU DIDNT SEE THAT COMING DID U OMG I BET YOU’RE JUST AS CONFUSED AS MICHAEL WAS IN THE LAST TWO BOOKS HAHAHHAHA.

I JUST WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR READING AND COMMENTING AND VOTING, IT HONESTLY MAKES ME SO HAPPY. I’M SO HAPPY WITH THE AMOUNT OF SUPPORT THIS STORY IS GETTING TBFH. I’M SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU COMMENTING FUNNY AF SHIT IN THE COMMENTS BC I LAUGH EVERY TIME AND I LIEK IT WHEN YOU ALL GET CONFUSED BUT FORTUNATELY, EVERYTHING WILL BE REVEALED IN THE LAST INSTALLMENT FOR THE SERIES AND EVERYONE WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO BREATHE BC YEAH

 BTW ILL BE POSTING THE LAST BOOK IN THE SERIES, LITHIUM, SOME TIME THIS MONTH. NOT TOMORROW OR THE DAY AFTER THAT, BUT SOME DAY THIS MONTH OK HAHAH A

SO THIS IS TURNING OUT TO BE A VVVV LONG AUTHORS NOTE AND IM RAMBLING SO ILL SHUT UP OKAY BYE LUV U –ANGELIKA <3