chapter 16

LEXI'S POV
I kept glancing back at Grace all throughout the car ride. She looked upset, and didn't say much on the way to the restaurant which was weird. I decide to say the conversation for later, not wanting to make a big deal out of it.

"We're here" Cameron turned off the car and we all step out and walk up to the doors. We are greeted by a waitress who keeps eying Cameron as we are seated in a booth. I roll my eyes and sit right next to Cameron, leaning into him. She gives me a dirty look and I smile smugly. Hayes snickers at my behavior and I shrug. Grace just gives the girl an intense glare. Cameron seems somewhat oblivious to what was going on.

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" A fake smile is plastered on her ugly face as a coworker passes by.

"Can I get a lemonade?" Grace politely asks.

"Make that two lemonades" I pipe up. The girl, who's name tag read "Gwen" sighs rudely and writes on her little notepad.

"I'll have a coke." Cameron states and Hayes seconds the beverage. She winks at Cameron and tells us that she will be back in a second.

"Cameron you realize she was flirting with you right?" Grace questions my boyfriend.

"No." I shake my head at his answer.

"She is really rude." I state. Hayes nods but Cameron shrugs. When she comes back with our drinks she is so busy drooling over my boyfriend to realize that she gave Hayes my lemonade and I got his coke. I roll my eyes and we tease glasses before giving Gwen our orders. Once again, she was completely rude to me when taking my order and I was sick of her attitude. Once everyone else told we what they wanted and she was about to walk away, I made a split second decision.

"Excuse me?" I clear my throat. Grace gives me a look as if she knew what I was going to do and I shrugged slightly.

"What?" She seems annoyed.

"If you would like to continue serving us and making money, than I suggest you get it together and do your job because I'm positive that flirting and drooling over the customers isn't exactly part of your routine is it?" She gulps. "I didn't think so." I turn back to a shocked Cameron and Hayes and Grace who were holding back their laughter. Gwen walked away bug eyed.

"Lexi!" Cameron exclaims.

"Sorry! She was pissing me off" I let out a giggle. He shakes his head before wrapping his arm around my neck. There was a silence for a few minutes as we spied our drinks.

"So.. Last night was interesting." Hayes breaks the silence. I look down for a second and look back up.

"It was." I sigh.

"Do you think I took it too far?" Cameron questions us.

"To be honest Cameron, I agree with what you said. I think that everyone's been thinking the same thoughts but are just too scared to say anything." Grace speaks up. I nod slightly.

"I agree. I don't know what his issue is lately." Hayes sips his coke.

"His issue is Will." I mutter.

"Well yes but I feel like we are right back to square one with him. He acts as if he just lost him. It's been a year." Cameron adds into my statement.

"Ten months" I whisper but no one hears me.

"Yeah I know. Maybe it's Kaitlyn?" Hayes shrugs.

"No it's not Kate. I actually think she could be really good for him. She's been through a lot and I think she can be a big influence on him." I retort. Hayes nods.