Chapter 33

Travis has gone back home, like I'd asked him to. He's taken an early leave and coming in his place, to drive me back home is Evan. There is trust in our warriors and pack members assigned in position of protecting the leaders, but both felt reassured if it were either one of them with me, especially at times like these.

He is on his way and in the mean time, Ronan had suggested that we have some lunch by the hotel pool area, since we are already done. I think after last night, he was full on taking advantage of this time, he'd use it to talk to me alone and just to spend quality time with his sister.

Last night, he'd respected my wishes of not talking too much about what happened, but he made light conversation or we would sit in silence for some time. He'd surprised me when he actually watched over me for the whole night. I found him heavily asleep on a chair near my bed.

It reminded me of a time when we were young and he'd watched over me, when I broke my arm the first time. We were so young and it is quite rare that I'd remember such a memory, but I did and it positioned me into the one who now, watched over him.

Our papa not knowing about the rest of what had happened, over the years, is still something that has been weighing heavily on Ronan's shoulders. The fear of papa not looking at him the same and more over, not being forgiven by papa, hasn't helped.

The time for papa to learn of everything always seems to be interrupted, by one thing or the other and as time passes, Ronan's fear grows. I desire for a clue on how to comfort him but comfort, sounds like a foreign thing for me, with where I am.

I feel drained at most times and it feels like what I say, is the opposite of what I'm feeling. It is a state that needs a thorough search for that spark of clearance, in such blurry surroundings.

Expressing myself even feels like the hardest to do, it's like I'm waiting for something to set me off, so I can scrape off all the hard surfaces in order to find those soft parts, that remind me of me.

Barriers have been set between Niana and I, it is the most I feel incontrol between us. She has invaded once or twice without my permission and still, I have not said a word to her. Years have passed now and I have grown, the times have changed and my silence is proof of that.

I have tasted the good and it was taken from me, nothing is as simple as before and she is learning on this, as the days go on by. She has made this aware to my nana but the thing about my nana is that, at such a time, she will never force anything on me.

It is no foreign thing to lose a mate and a child, but at the same time, and to be a witness to such tragedy, this, she herself, can't utter the words of understanding my way.

She had said that she would be expecting me for dinner tonight, meaning that she didn't want me traveling late. I had expected her call, with her asking if I was on my way but surprisingly, it is an unknown number.

In hesitation, I look at the screen. After 5 counts, I cave in and answer.

No voice yet distant breathing I hear.

An alertness like no other touches my senses yet in the midst of it all, a knock sounds on the door.

As if the person can also hear the knock, they hang up and I am left with staring at the screen.  The knock sounds urgent and calls for my attention, so I attend to it.

Alpha Dane stands infront of me and at the mention of Ronan, that troubling feeling I felt when I'd uttered those words to him in the morning, hit me again. He mentioned trouble downstairs and I was on my way. All sorts of things in the name of trouble came to mind, mostly which centred around a fight between Ronan and an alpha.