1.9

A/n : okay y'all one more to get u thru the weekend! I hope you enjoy it!!!

Please comment, vote, and react!

✰✰✰

SPENCER DOESN'T LEAVE HER ROOM FOR DAYS.

Everyone on the compound has to know by now. Not just twins and Peter but Tony and Clint and Natasha. All the SHIELD agents. Spencer was pretty sure that the janitorial staff probably knew by then, too.

She can't leave. Not until... not ever, really. She was going to die in this room, either of boredom or old age or some terrible freak accident that could maim her. But she wasn't leaving out of choice. Not now, not ever.

And if Tony Stark kicked her out? She's buying a farm in the outskirts of Kansas and dying there.

Bruce has tried talking to her. He brings her food, all the time, and it's not like Spencer won't open the door - she does. She opens. And Bruce will bring in food and sometimes he'll leave snacks just in case she's hungry.

And he tries to talk about it. He tries to mention the... green giant in the room, but Spencer won't reply. She'll keep eating or reading some article on marine biology she found, but she won't reply to that.

She doesn't know how.

"Wanda's asking about you," he mentioned during the fourth dinner. He brought Spencer some cauliflower rice with tofu. They clearly ordered in, but Spencer knew no one else in the compound would eat this. Tony had to do it separately.

She wished she could say "thank you" in another way than "sorry I broke your obstacle course wall".

She accepted the food but didn't reply.

Bruce took a seat at the corner of her bed, and Spencer's backed against the headboard, watching him carefully.

It was too silent for too long.

"Are you sending me home?" Spencer questioned suddenly, and Bruce nearly jolted as the question left her mouth. "Or am I stuck here? Forever?"

"You're not getting sent anywhere," Brue promised her, turning toward her. "Or stuck here - Spencer, we need to talk."

Spencer gave him a second of thought. Then she shoved a spoonful of cauliflower rice in her mouth.

"Peter says the lab doesn't feel the same," Bruce added like it was any consolation. "Even Natasha-"

"Dad," Spencer said, seriously. "I do not care about Natasha."

Maybe it's harsh. Spencer doesn't feel bad. This guy just royally f-ed her over with the genetics lottery, so she's not too careful about her words anymore.