Malfoy Manor V

Press the to vote!
***

What the fuck is a Horcrux...

What was she supposed to answer? Her mouth was already open, ready to release a weakly conjured lie when Draco slammed his way into her mind again. Her body pitched backward, almost falling to the ground.

"What in Merlin's name, Draco!" She shrieked, trying to control the puddle of mess in her mind. He was shoving every memory aside, recklessly, searching for a clue.

The entire evening of Dumbledore's assassination looped in front of her eyes, from her cursing Draco to Harry shouting at Snape and to Dumbledore's lifeless body falling from the Astronomy Tower. She didn't even realize when the tears started stinging her cheeks.

Draco didn't care. He was heedless, forcing his way towards the conversation in the bathroom with Ron and Hermione.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "We only found this out a few nights ago, so don't be angry that we haven't told you yet." She inhaled sharply. "Professor Dumbledore and Harry are out. They ventured to a cave by the sea searching for a Horcrux."

"They found one? They found a Horcrux?"

An excruciating pain reeled across her mind, stretching behind her temples. And suddenly she felt the blackness that flooded through her veins build up, become chunky. Like lumps of ink starting to block the flow of her blood.

"If all of his Horcruxes are destroyed, Voldemort could be killed," Harry explained.

Everything below her core started tingling. She couldn't feel her legs.

"The bit of soul in that diary was possessing Ginny, wasn't it? How does that work, then?" asked Ron.

Numb.

He felt it too.

He withdrew from her mind.

Sunspots danced all around the room. She glanced down at her wrists. Purple.

"SHIT!" Draco roared his hands suddenly all over her face. "You didn't drink the tea—TIPPY!"

And the suffering reeled. What at first started small, an itchy feeling curling around her limbs, now pierced holes in her body. At least that was what it felt like. In another minute, the pain crept over her like a deluge of ice water surrounding every limb, creeping higher and higher until it passed her mouth and nose.

The room spun. Everything leeched out of color. It felt as though her heart stopped beating and her blood pooled in her feet.

She swayed.

Then, everything turned dull, washed-out.

***

She felt something slip between her lips and her eyes popped open, looking at the sweet elf in front of her.

Snapping her head up, she suddenly felt a pair of hands forcing her back down, but she fought the pressure, grunting loudly. The hands released her and ice-blond hair moved into her line of sight.

"You—" Eden shot up from the sofa, fuming with rage. "HOW DARE YOU INVADE MY MIND WITHOUT PERMISSION?"

His mouth opened, ready to release a livid tirade but she pushed him back. "What in Godric's name did you think you were doing?!"

"You're yelling at me?!" Draco ranted with a slow snarl. "The one who's been keeping secrets that could have changed everything?!"

She gaped at him with an affronted expression. "Me? I was out of line? How did you reach that conclusion?"