Chapter 4 - Let The Games Begin...

Chapter 4 – Let the games begin…

I ended up leaving Sammy’s house in a happy mood, even with all the stuff that happened. And Hazels’ reply text was priceless. ‘Oh sorry, I must have got the wrong number… So sorry to have bothered you :)’ Sammy and I laughed for ages.

The rest of the night went pretty quick, I imagined that my mum and Jaz would get along great. They had the same kind of personality.

Thanks to my incredibly annoying alarm clock, I was awake and ready for school 20 minutes early for waiting to walk with Sammy to school. Yesterday had been a lot of fun and we had both gotten our art projects completed. Thinking of the art project I decided to add a little more shadowing into the darker spots. My sketch was of Sammy sitting on the ground of her bedroom painting her art project, although the sketch my black and white I was still proud of it. We could hand these in today and the remaining art lessons until it was due we could do whatever we wanted to.

By the time I had finished adding in the rest of the shadowing the drawing was finally complete. Jumping up I ran to the bathroom and sprayed the paper with hairspray to stop it from smudging. Placing the drawing in a clear protective sleeve, I kept it in the top of my bag so I could show Sammy on the way to school. Thinking of school, I had decided to tell the whole class about my eyes so when they eventually noticed something was up they wouldn’t freak out. 

***

I had filled Sammy in on the plan and she agreed with me. Instead of letting Hazel have the upper hand I would reveal my eyes to the class in home room this morning when they were all present.

The bell rung signalling for us to head off to home room and I started to get a little nervous. We were all sitting in at our desks when the teacher walked in. this was my cue. Getting up from my seat I walked up to the teacher and asked it if it was okay for me to address the class. At first she was a little surprised but agreed and asked for the class to calm down. With about 30 pairs of eyes staring at me I cleared my throat and began.

“Hey everyone, some of you may remember me. I’m newish here and my name is Jacey” I paused and looked over to Sammy, she gave me the thumbs up and offered a reassuring smile “I wanted to tell you all something before you found out some way or another. You see my eye colour changes with my mood. It has been that way since I was a child and I ask you to understand. I’m not different from you, I’m your regular teenager just with emotional eyes” I finished off with a nervous smile

Someone from the back put their hand up “Umm, yes?” I asked

“Hey Jacey, I hope you don’t mind me asking but your eyes are still brown. They were brown when we all first met you…” said the person; I think her name was Cara

I let out a relieved breath, I thought she was going to scream or call me a freak. I smiled at her feeling my eyes turn green. She gasped along with half the class, the rest just sat there staring. I was starting to get a little worried and my eyes began to turn silver.

“That’s awesome!” Someone yelled out along with some happy smiles confirming the outburst

“I didn’t freak you guys out did I?” I asked my eyes silver again

The whole class apart from a few shook their heads. Another relieved breath escaped my lips.

Cara stuck her hand up again, I laughed a little and asked “Yes Cara?” She smiled

“So your eyes are brown, green and silver?” She asked curiosity clear in her voice

I let out another little laugh “Yeah, sort of. You see brown eyes are nerves, blue eyes are sadness, purple are embarrassment, gold is anger, silver is worry or scared and green eyes are happiness” I replied all in one breath