𝓐𝓷 𝓤𝓷𝓯𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓪𝓻 𝓕𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓗𝓸𝓹𝓮

"My apologies ma'am"

✰✰✰

January 23th 1948 Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Jasper Whitlock didn't understand what the alluring force was that was drawing him into the small diner in Philadephia but as the cliche cheerful bell jingled alerting everyone to turn around and gawked at him as he shook off the rain droplets, he began to feel uncomfortable debating if he should just turn around and walk back outside into the pouring rain but then he saw her...

She was short, shorter than his 6'3 frame similar to a fairy with short soft-looking brown hair that barely touched her shoulders and framed her features perfectly, her lips were the soft-looking and the perfect shade of pink but her eyes and emotions were what caught him off guard...

They were a bright amber color filled to the brim with emotions, stronger emotions than any person he had ever known... She seemed mature for her age albeit childish and bubbly but there was a dull hue like she was missing something... 

Jasper knew then her emotions had something to do with the alluring pull that had drawn him into the small diner and he found himself walking closer to the mysterious girl, her eyes never once tearing away from his...

✰✰✰

The mysterious girl stared up at him through her long golden lashes with a bright smile on her lips, "I've been waiting for you for a long time"...

Jasper was slightly bewildered but intrigued at her happy behavior around him, she was waiting for him? And despite his confusion, he still politely bowed his head "my apologies ma'am". 

And without another word, she held out her hand almost like a nonverbal question on whether or not he would like to go with her, Jasper didn't understand why the sight of her hand brought him an unfamiliar emotion but when his bigger hand finally took her smaller one he knew what the emotion was... Hope...

Jasper Whitlock was feeling hope for the first time in almost a century...

✰✰✰

Jasper didn't understand why the mysterious brown-haired girl gave him so much hope from one single interaction, he didn't even know her name and yet he found himself willing to follow her... "I never got your name?"

"Addison Marie". Jasper even liked her name, it suited her, it was pretty and unique in a special way... "And what's your name stranger?"

"Jasper Whitlock" Addison nodded quietly humming as something familiar clicked in her brain, another forgotten something, "like the gemstone, how pretty"... Jasper had never had someone call his name pretty but he liked those words falling from her lips in her sweet yet sultry voice...

Jasper's fingers were still interlaced with hers as they walked into a small apartment complex and as she bounced up the steps he noticed that she didn't really walk but more floated gracefully like a ballerina...

✰✰✰

Addison's hand finally fell from his for the first time since the diner as she unlocked the apartment door muttering something under her breath about Mary Alice not being home as she tossed the keys into a bowl on the counter. Jasper felt awkward standing in the apartment shoving his hands into his jean pockets as the brown-haired girl dug through the kitchen cabinets.

"How? How on earth did she move my cups when we're the same height?" he heard her mumbled to herself as she pushed herself up on her tippytoes, the tips of her fingers barely brushing against the top-shelf obviously struggling and Jasper didn't hesitate as he moved to help her.

Their bodies were touching slighty and he could feel her emotions change to bashful as he grabbed the two cups carefully setting them down on the counter, "t-thank you" she shyly pushed a piece of hair behind her ear before moving around him towards the fridge. "You can uh sit down if you like"... 

Jasper couldn't stop the small smile that painted his features as he sat down on the wooden stool, her emotions were all over the place because of him... 

He was so drawn to the mysterious girl and he didn't know why... He didn't understand why he felt so content in her presence, he didn't understand why all he could smell was coffee and vanilla with hints of jasmine and amber... 

Jasper had never felt so conflicted in his life even when he was with Maria but this time it was a good conflicted...

✰✰✰

"You seem like your holding back some questions Mr. Whitlock, go ahead ask me anything"...

Jasper couldn't tell exactly what she was doing but he could hear pouring sounds and glasses clicking together, "your eyes... you're a vampire like me... so how are your eyes amber?"

Addison Marie lightly chuckled as she turned around to face him with the two cups filled with some kind of red mystery liquid, "my sister and I don't feed on humans, we feed on animals, obviously human blood is much tastier but animal blood keeps us alive and stops us from having to kill humans".

Jasper never knew there was another way for their kind but as she placed one of the cups in front of him, his eyes immediately caught the dark red liquid inside, "it's just animals blood, go ahead and try it"... 

Jasper slowly and unsurely picked up the cup taking a small sip, the thick liquid running down his throat soothing the burning hunger...

✰✰✰

"We usually feed straight from the source but sometimes having a stash of blood from the butcher's is a good thing to have"... 

Jasper noticed that Addison Marie was rather outgoing but sometimes turned shy and he found that to be an adorable quality about her... "Why... Why do you keep calling me Mr. Whitlock?"

Once again Addison turned shy pushing a lock of hair behind her ear not expecting that question, "why did you call me ma'am earlier?"

His eyebrows furrowed at her question responding like it was an obvious answer "because it's polite"... Addison's smile widened as she picked up her cup "exactly".

✰✰✰

A/n~ Happy Late Valentine's Day (I meant to post this last night but I fell asleep sorry)

Also, the Butcher's blood thing will make a lot more sense when Bella arrives I also just really like the thought of vampires drinking blood in cups like normal humans. 

Anyway, feel free to leave any comments or criticism. <3 Jade