I continue staring at the stars as Cade stays silent beside me. We would be home shortly, maybe another five minutes at most. And god I couldn't wait to get in my bed and just lay there. The thought actually causes a slight smile to spread to my lips, thinking of how at peace I will be when I'm no longer next to Cade.

We pull up to my driveway and I waste no time getting out of the car, slamming the door behind me just a little bit too loud.

"Estella, we have plans tomorrow. I'm sure you saw my text." He says in a monotone voice, I continue walking. I have nothing to say to him. He pulls my arm back and faces me.
"Are you ever going to speak again?" No. Not to you. At least that's what I wish I could say.

"Not unless I absolutely have to." I mumble out as I turn to walk again. But once again I'm stopped, this time by him jumping in front of me.

"Estella Josette, hm you were easier to break than I thought." Is he really mocking me right now?

"You are so-" I stop myself. He wants a reaction and I am not giving him one.
"I guess I am." I say as I turn my eyes to meet his.

"Not even gonna fight back anymore? I gotta say babygirl, I'm a bit disappointed." He tsks at me. But I stay silent. Waiting for him to move so I can pass.
"Aw poor Estella, broken by so many men." He pouts as he continues. "No one left to listen to her pitiful cries." I bring my hand up on instinct and slap him.

It's a hard slap, harder than the one from the alley. He shakes his head at me and I can see his eyes darken further. But I egg him on.
"Wanna keep going?" I challenge.

He laughs at me, a deep chuckle erupting from the back of his throat. Combing through the lips that were on mine such a short time ago. I have to remind myself it was fake, a plot to control me more.

"Sweetheart you never fucking learn." He steps closer to me, causing me to drag my feet back towards the truck. So close— I was so close to just going to bed.
"I don't do well with disobedience." He leans closer to me nearly spitting in my face.

"Well that seems to put us in a predicament because I don't do well with being told what to do." I've always hated being told what to do or who I can be. He raises his hand and it feels like slow motion as his fingers wrap around my neck again. Covering the bruises originally leftover.

"Cade you're hurting me." I calmly get out. His fingers lighten, but he continues holding his place.

"If you want to stop being hurt then maybe start fucking listening." He seethes.

"I'm sorry." I shouldn't be apologizing to him. I have nothing to apologize for, I've done nothing wrong. But when his hands drop from my neck completely, I realize I'll do anything to avoid his pain.

"Good girl. Now go inside and go the fuck to sleep."

"And if I don't?" Why am I challenging him again? Why can't I just quit?

"Then I guess we'll find out how easy it is to kill you." Oh. He turned around and headed towards the entry way.

"Where were you tonight?" I piped up before he could get to the door.

"What do you mean?"

"Before I- before you got my call." Remembering that call caused embarrassment to flood my cheeks once again. He chuckled lightly at me.