“Shaya,”

“What? I am, open the door unless you want to keep her out there.” He gave me one more look before opening the door. Of course she had to be all extra like she hadn’t seen him in months; the nigga was gone for a week. The fuck?

“I missed you baby!” She smiled big hugging him. When they finally let each other go she looked my way and the smile she had on her face faded. “Tonya,” She said dryly.

“It’s Tishaya, but of course you knew that. How are you Jackie?” I gave her a phony smile.

“Joyce,”

“Same thing Janet,” I could tell she wanted to start in on me but Chris cut her off.

“So mama what do you think about the house?” Chris asked her.

“I think it’s nice, I don’t understand why you want to move. Are you trying to make them look at me crazy? Having two mansions and I don’t live in either? I told you about putting too many things in my name.” She answered him. The smirk that grew on my face was pretty noticeable. She was about to flip.

“Actually mama, this house is going to be in Tishaya’s name and I’m selling my other house.”

“Excuse me?”

“I said-“

“I heard what you said Christopher. You’re putting her name on the house? How do you know she’s not going to kick you out and keep it for herself?”

“With all due respect, I wouldn’t do that to him.”

“Oh really? Well you left him before who’s to say you wouldn’t do it again?”

“I left for a reason; I didn’t take anything from him when I did. Listen I know this is your son but what he does with this house really has nothing to do with you.”

“Yes it does, I’m his mother.”

“So what? You think you have a say so in every single part of his life?”

“Yes that’s exactly what I know. Who do you think you are? You’re his girlfriend and frankly my dear you’re not the first and you won’t be the last.”

“His girlfriend?” I had to laugh at that. I laughed so hard you would think Kevin Hart was doing a full standup act in front of me right now. “Lady, I am so much more than his girlfriend trust me.”

“What are you? Pregnant? Trying to trap him?”

“Trap him? Are you serious? I’m not pregnant, I don’t need to trap him and I’m not his girlfriend. I’m his wife, we got married.”

“Married? You’re lying,” She shook her head like she couldn’t believe the words that came out of my mouth.

“What do I need to lie about? We got married, I’m here for the rest of his life and mine so deal with it and stop being so damn bitter. Maybe it’ll actually help your miserable ass.” Rolling my eyes I looked at Chris. “I’ll be in the car. See you later mom,” I gave her another phony smile then walked outside.

I was in the car waiting for a good ten minutes before he came out the house with her. Joyce looked over at me then got in her car and left. When Chris got in the car he just looked at me. Here we go.

“Why the fuck did you have to do that?” He asked me with his voice laced in attitude.

“What did I do? Besides tell her the truth,”

“That’s not the way I wanted her to find out alright.”

“Well that’s not my fault, the fuck did you want me to do?”