Chapter 26 (Part One)

Start from the beginning

“No, I don’t need to listen.” I clenched my fist before letting out a deep breath. “I’m not upset, I can’t be mad at him for cheating on you if you’re obviously over it.” I told my mother before looking at Tamia. “How old are you?”

“I’m 15,”

“Hmm that’s interesting. So I have a little sister, this is crazy.”

“We know it’s an adjustment bu-“My father started but just like my mother I made him stop talking.

“It’s fine, I just wish I knew that’s all. What school do you go to?” I asked Tamia.

“Edison,”

“Oh no, that’s got to change. That’s my old high school trust me you don’t want to keep going there.”

“So what am I supposed to do?”

“I’ll get you switched to a private school, but you’re not staying there.”

“Tishaya we can’t afford a private school.” My mother said and I chuckled.

“I know, I’ll pay for it. All you need to do is get everything straight with the transfer.”

“We can’t let you do that, she’s our responsibility,” My father told me. His pride was coming out, how cute.

“Obviously, but I want her going someplace where she won’t be getting into fights every other day.”

“She won’t, she’s a good girl.”

“That may be true but once it gets around that she’s my sister they’ll try her. Just let me do this alright, I’ll pay for her to go to private school. Transportation won’t be an issue either.”

“Are you sure?” He asked me.

“Yes, it’s not a problem. Just get her transferred and tell me how much. Everything else I got in control.”

“Thank you,” Tamia beamed.

“You’re welcome; now before my giddiness goes away give me a hug.” She came over to me and I hugged her. “Anything you need I got you.”

“Anything like what?”

“Clothes, money whatever. I’ll get it for you as long as you’re good with your grades you won’t want for anything.” I told her then looked at my parents. “You guys too. I’m moving y’all out of here.”

“What? Why?” A look on confusion washed over my mother’s face.

“You two are obviously doing well for yourselves but staying in this area will do nothing but you tempt you to go back to that stuff. So I’m moving you out, don’t fight me on it just let me do this please?”

“Alright Tishaya, we’ll let you do whatever you want.” My father said and I smiled.

“Good,” I returned the smile back to him.

….

“Chris!” I screamed his name when I walked in the house. “Make yourself at home don’t be afraid.” I told Tamia when I saw her looking around nervously. I decided to bring her back to the house with me while I put my parents in a hotel. They weren’t going back to that house, they’re doing too good to stay there.

“You really live here?”

“Yeah why?”

“It’s huge, is it just you?”