[1.7]

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐏𝐨𝐨𝐫, 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐬

______________________

*Genevieve*

Sliding my tray onto the table, I took my normal seat and let out a sigh. Theo slid into his seat next to me, throwing his arm around the back of my chair as he fiddled with the end of my hair mindlessly, watching as everyone else trickled over to us, all of them engaged in their own quiet conversations. 

Just a few seconds after Alice unexpectedly sucked in a breath, Edward tensed slightly and muttered a quick, "heads up."

We all glance up, noticing the trembling teen who was shuffling towards our table, his hands clammy as he fiddled with his fingers. 

A few tables away, Bella intently watched the interaction, her eyebrows furrowing slightly as Jessica leaned over toward her.

"Look! Front row seats to poor Lucas's death," she muttered to the girl, chuckling slightly, "I heard from Alec that he needed to ask Genevieve a question..."

"Which ones that?" Bella asked, her eyes scanning our faces intently.

"The brunette sitting next to the blonde girl, you know, the one who looks pissed all the time."

"I don't look 'pissed' all the time," I hiss out, huffing as I crossed my arms. From beside me, Theo chuckled and rolled his eyes, gently hitting my shoulder as we all continued to look at the poor boy in front of us.

"Um- hey... sorry, I- I, um, I was wondering if I could talk to Genevieve?" He stumbled overhead words as he nervously glanced up from the floor to me, then to Theo then back down to the floor again. "I- um, I'm in your-"

"History class. Lucas, right?" I ask. 

Leaning back in my chair, I watch his eyes widen, obviously not expecting me to know who he was. He nods his head and looks up at me with a tad bit more confidence, still fiddling with his hands, but at least making more eye contact.

"Yeah, um, I- I just, I don't know if you remember- you probably do- um anyways... You, uh, you borrowed some notes from me a few days ago... I was just- um- wondering if I could maybe get them back... if you still need them that that totally fine of course! Um, I just wanted to get a head start on review for the test that's next week and, um, I was just wondering if there was any way that I could get them back before then... um-"

I quickly grabbed the notes from my notebook and shoved them in his direction, hoping to cut off his seemingly endless rambling, which was beginning to get on all of our nerves.

"Oh, thanks..." he awkwardly took them back before looking back at me, his heart racing a little faster as a faint blush appeared on his cheeks. He opened his mouth, trying to form a coherent sentence before deciding against it and quickly turning back around and scrambling back to his table. 

Once he had arrived back into his seat, his friends quickly surrounded him and began to question him about his interaction with us, a few of them glancing back over at us with a wondrous look.

"Well, wasn't he a charmer," Rose gracefully snorts as she glances over at me. A ghost of a smile appeared on my face as I looked over at Edward, who was silently chuckling, shaking his head as he met my gaze.

"Apparently, he wanted to ask you prom but chickened out when he saw Theo."

Theo let out a pained huff as he turned his attention to Lucas, sending him a withering glare, smirking victoriously as he watched the boy shift uncomfortably in his seat. 

"As he should," Theo muttered, proudly puffing out his chest. 

I roll my eyes and lightly punch his shoulder, "and I thought your ego couldn't get any bigger."

______________________

Sliding into my seat, I put down my bag as I glance up at the board, reading the agenda for the day before grabbing my materials. 

Bella entered the room, talking quietly with her friend before breaking away and making her way over to her seat. Which, sadly, was still next to mine.

We hadn't talked since our last conversation in the hallway, which I was perfectly content with. Bella, however, seemed to be bursting at the seams, fidgeting with her pencil as she glanced from her notebook to the board, to me, then back to her notebook, her leg bouncing up and down causing the table to shake slightly.

I pushed away my irritation, I sent her a subtle glare before looking back down at my papers. Despite my growing irritation, I focused on my work as Bella continued to, unknowingly, push my buttons.

______________________

After the last bell rang, we all converged by our cars, talking quietly with each other as people continued to flood out of the school, laughing and gossiping loudly about their plans for the next few days. 

Apparently, Jessica was going on about how she was convinced that Matt was going to ask her to prom soon, already planning which dress she would wear for the occasion.

"Is that all that humans get excited about now? Dressing up and pretending to fall in love?" I inquire, crossing my arms as I continue to look at them.

Rose steps over towards me and glances in their direction, her eyes glancing over at them before looking towards me, unimpressed as she crosses her arms. "It's not like they have anything better to do with their short, unfulfilling lives..."

I shake my head as a smile makes its way onto my face. "Always the downer, Rose... let's just go home."

_______

-T