Meanwhile, At the Lodge

Start from the beginning

“It’s snowing and you’re wearing jeans and a thin sweater. You need to change into something proper.”

“No I don’t! I am invinc-ACHOO!” She sneezed and shivered at the same time, giving away her clever lie.

“Ah hun.” Mark gave her a look. “Totally invincible.”

“Shhh. No. I am.”

“Keep dreaming, Short stack.”

“I’m not short!”

“You say as you look up to argue with me.”

***

“I’m just saying. If you guys are going to have martial arts in your choreography where you’re doing back flips and flying around you have to have a least one comeback that takes advantage of that.” Celeste took a long slip of her coffee and slammed it down on the table with finality.

“You’re just looking for an excuse to see all of us running around in spandex and superheroes fit that perfectly.”

“Yes. Wait no! That’s not what I meant!” Celeste’s serious face crumbled off as she flushed bright red and buried her face in her palms.

The two had decided to take it easy after they unpacked. With Mark’s great aunt no where to be found and Jinju somewhere in the mountains, they were able to have some quality friend time. Celeste had been discussing some of her ideas for comebacks with him and Mark had been having fun trying to make her blush.

Celeste sighed. “Alright. Since superheroes obviously aren’t cool enough for you, what kind of a concept would you like to do.”

Mark hesitated for a second. “Werewolves.”

“OH MY GOD MARK!” Celeste started cackling and stomping the ground with her feet at this absolutely stunning reveal. “Werewolves? Seriously? And you thought my idea was lame!”

“Okay, but werewolves can be cool! Look at Wolverine!”  He seemed to be desperately trying to prove that werewolf could be cool in anyway post-taillight. It wasn’t working.

“Isn’t he a mutant?” He suddenly got very quiet and looked down at the ground. Celeste laughed even harder. “Well, as long as you don’t tell me to by fake fangs and dump glitter all over you, I think we’ll be good.”

“I’d make a terrible vampire.”

“I don’t know. You’ve got the quiet, broodiness for it.” She lightly pinched his cheek and pretended to coo over him. “Then again, you’ve got to much of a puppy face to pass off as a dead corpse. You would make a much better werewolf.”

“…Shut up, Celeste.”

“Aw… Don’t be like that. You know you love me.” She said as she pulled out her vibrating phone. As she checked to see who was calling her, Mark glanced at her through his bangs.