Chapter 5

When we all made our way over to the door I sighed. Why did everything have to be so far away? We ducked out of the way when a kid ran by. I'm not looking forward to getting played with.

"This is nerve wracking." I groaned.

"Tell me about it." Ry said.

"But it is kinda cool. You wanna just wait here guys?" Niall asked, siting down without waiting for an answer.

I shrugged and sat down beside him. Ry did the same.

"What if the book worm doesn't know what to do?" Ry asked.

"Well he's our only lead so he'll have to be able to tell us something. " I replied.

We all just sat in silence, thinking our own thoughts. Well not really silence there were huge toddlers running around and playing. But it was calming. I jumped when something touched my foot. I looked down and saw a toy duck.

"Who are you? It quacked out.

"Me?" I asked.

"Yah. I told friends over there that you looked familiar. They said I was crazy. So who are you?"

"My name is Cassandra. This is Ry and Niall. We aren't really toys. We're human." I told the duck.

"Ohhhh no." The duck said and waddled back over to his friends.

"Hey! Wait come back! What's oh no?" Ry screamed.

"What do you think that was about?" I mumbled.

Niall dodged eye contact and breathed in. I cocked an eyebrow and hummed.

"Hey Niall. What do you think that was about?" I said, taking a step toward him.

"Oh it was probably nothing. I.well um. They're probably just...well." Niall said tripping over his words.

"Niall cut the crap. What do you know?" I snapped.

"Well this isn't the first time this has happened." Niall said.

"........Ok? So what's the big deal?" Ry asked.

"Well the last time this happened and the people tried to get back to normal it caused a huge fuss and toys turned against each other. So a huge war started in the toy world. They didn't care who saw them fight so that means.."

"They didn't care about getting caught which would've ruined they toys' big secret." I finished.

"Exactly... Ken told me all about it."

My skin prickled up at the sound of his name. Something still isn't sitting right with him.

"Do you trust him?" I asked.

"Well yah. He helped me when I had no idea what to do."

"Hmmmm. I don't think he's a good guy Niall." I said.

"Even though he is hot something is telling me he is sketchy." Ry agreed.

"Whatever. He's not the problem here. We need to wait for that door to open." Niall snapped.

As soon as those words came out of his mouth the door creaked open.

"Guys. Run!" I screamed.

We all took off and barely squeezed through the crack before the door clicked shut.

A/N: So so so so so Sorry about not updating. I've been super busy but thanks for sticking around! Love you guys! 😘