Chapter One

I looked at him from across the room.

He must be new. I thought to myself.

"Hey there! Earth to Amy!" my friend Claire screamed in my ear.

"Could you be any louder?" I hissed, my eyes not looking away from the new boy.

"I see you have been staring at the new kid," she giggled, sitting in the desk next to mine, "He is cute, isn't he?"

"No, he isn't cute," I said, looking away from him. I didn't have anytime to think about boys, at least not in a romantic way.

"I am going to go talk to him," Claire half shouted, standing up.

"Really?" I asked raising my eyebrow. Claire had a boyfriend named Max, and if Max saw her flirting with the new guy, he would flip out.

"Yes really. You should come with me," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Maybe," I hesitated, looking at the new boy again.

He had brown hair, that was neatly combed. It fell perfectly on his face, and his hazel eyes looked like gems. He was cute, but not really my type. He seemed too shy, and I don't normally like shy people.

"Well, come on Amy! You have like, never had a boyfriend," Claire whined as she grabbed my hand and made me stand up, "it will be painless,"

More like painful.

She dragged me over to his desk. He was playing a game on his phone. I could see his high score.

63? Ha, I have 200.

"Eh hem," Claire coughed.

Could you be anymore subtle?

He looked up at us. I felt my face get hot.

"Hi?" he said.

"Hey there! What's your name?" Claire shouted.

"Um, I'm Chase," he said, not looking at me.

Oh, so I am that ugly? Rude.

"I am Claire and this is Amy, " she giggled.

He still didn't look at me when she said my name.

"Cool," he said.

I could tell he felt uncomfortable. I felt my cheeks get hot again.

"Alright class! Time to get back to your seats," Mr. Burns, the science teacher boomed.

"See you at gym!" Claire said with a big smile as she batted her eyelashes.

"Bye," Chase said with a side smile.

We both started heading back to our seats.

As I sat down, I looked at Chase. I saw him look at me