Chapter 8 Hour 6

3:00, hour 6, 3 hours til sunrise.

The game of James had to be the hardest, scariest game yet. I put the game inside the computer and it loaded automatically. I opened the title screen. It had Mega Man music, but it was backwards. When I loaded the game it was like a game with many mini games.

I tried Super James Bros first. It was an eight bit game playing as a little boy. There was no music and practically no sound until I saw an enemy. He was a red mass of goop on the ground. I attacked it and blood splattered all over the screen. This 'Fake' blood looked very realistic. Then a new enemy appeared. It looked sorta similar to the Hammer Koopa Troopa. It was a hooded man throwing knives. I walked up to it and a knife hit me. There was a jumpscare from James that was so horrifying that I can't explain in detail or else I will start puking again. Then a message came on the screen:

Have Fun!
Don't Run!
We're only beginning.
For there is more to play.
SO DONT GO AWAY AND STAY.

You know how it feels to have pins and needles? When your foot falls asleep? Well, for me at the time, it was everywhere except my fingers and hands. All I could do is play this game. The next game in the lineup of terror was James Stabber Xtreme. If you are thinking what I think you are thinking, you're right. You play as James in a mall. Every customer ignores you as you have to slash people's necks and cut off their faces. This game was by far the goriest game yet. Also you can place tables so people will stub their toe. And even that was gory! In a different circumstance, this would be fun. But not now. The more and more I played the more scared I was that James would kill me in such a way. Then the camera stopped. Sort of how a free-for-all game stops the camera when enemies are coming. But instead of that, the camera zoomed in on James. Or at least I thought it was James... I don't know! This scene freaked me out so much that if I had control I would smash my computer sooner. The 'James' lifted his mask, to reveal my face! This was getting scarring. And no, that's not a misspell. This scene SCARRED me for my life! I still have nightmares about... That game.

The next game was, different. It was a graveyard. As I walked I saw 5 ghosts. Each ghost had no face. But, suddenly, dialogue started.

Ghost 1: Is he the last one?

Ghost 2: Of course he is. Stupid.

Ghost 3: Gabriel, you must avenge us.

Ghost 2: And what the heck? I gave you WoW and you kill me first in your story?!

"Is, is it you guys? Cameron, Thomas, Aston, Liam, Jacob!? I will avenge you! Is there a way for me to bring you guys back?" I asked.

Cameron's Ghost: For it is to late for us. Take down and defeat James. For us.

Liam's Ghost: Keep playing our games and remember us well.

Aston's Ghost: James has been tormenting us ever since we died.

Jacob's Ghost: WE ARE ALL COUNTING ON YOU! I AM SORRY, MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK!

Thomas's Ghost: I still hate your guts.

"Ok, I will try."

Liam's Ghost: Just use what you know about video games.

Thomas's Ghost: (fading) I HATE YOU!

I quickly made it to the next game. It was One Night at James Place. I opened the game and entered the night. James thought that he was smart because he was giving me every challenge my friends gave me before. Mario, Sort of a FPS (TF2), and FNAF. Soon it will be Sonic and WoW. However while James was making this game you could keep the doors shut because he forgot to add a power drainer. So I waited out the night. Although, while I was waiting I saw grotesque faces on the walls and floor. It was very dark and ominous as well.

After that game I headed to the next. It was a running game (No doubt Sonics challenge). It was called, Killer Craze. It was basically Sonic with a dark edge. Every once in a while the lights would go out in game so that you can't see where you are going. James was getting nasty. Soon the platforms were falling on their own. But soon I got to the end. Then a poem appeared.

No, no, no!
You cannot win!
My fun was only starting to begin.
No matter fool
There is one more to play
So check it out, I'll see what you think
You cannot win
It's hopeless...

I was ready. One last mini game. It couldn't be easy, it just couldn't. But as I opened the game, I was my WoW character when I started the game. The only mission was to go to the village. So I started on my way to the village. When I got there it looked as if all the other orks were scared of me. I have NEVER seen a scared ork. An ORK. The bigger troll-ish looking monster, was scared. Something was wrong. The next mission was to find a lighter. I never knew there was a lighter in a fantasy world. I would have expected a fire spell, but I did what it said. Next it wanted Gasoline! I was suspecting something dark was going on, but, out of curiosity, I found the gasoline. The text looked as if it was turning red. As it said, pour the gas on the house. I did what it said then in blood red colors it said, LIGHT IT. I then openly said, "No! I won't burn down a village for a psychopath."

The game was responding back as it read,

LIGHT THE VILLAGE,
SET IT ABLAZE
NOT ONLY FOR ME
BUT FOR THE TOWN TO
IT SEEMS THE ONLY WAY
SO FIRE! FIRE! SEND IT AWAY!

James was mad, I could tell. I decided to follow the rules, afraid that James would kill me if I didn't.

MMMM, HOW DOES IT FEEL GABRIEL. THE SCREAMS OF HUNDREDS OF ORKS. This was the first time James Spoke to me out loud not in a poem.

BE GLAD, DONT BE MAD. FOR ALL YOU KNEW THOSE PEOPLE COULD HAVE WANTED TO DIE. DEATH IS A BEAUTIFUL THING. ESPECIALLY TO PEOPLE WHO WANT IT. LIKE ME. DONT THINK IM INSANE. FOR ALL YOU KNOW THIS COULD ALL BE IN YOUR HEAD. YOU COULD BE THE ONE INSANE. I COULD BE A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION. ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS COULD BE ALIVE. YOUR MOTHER COULD BE RIGHT. YOU COULD BE SITTING UP ALL NIGHT PLAYING GAMES AND TALKING TO YOURSELF. IN FACT, YOU COULD BE DEAD. YOU COULD ALREADY BE DEAD. THIS IS LIMBO GABRIEL. JUST REMEMBER...

James had a point there. I could be alive and crazy. But I wasn't going to believe him. I kept into the final screen. It took me back to the main menu. There was a new game. It was Killy James. I got into it and didn't question. I played and died. I played and died. I played and, "Grr! This game is so bad!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I slammed the computer onto the ground and it split in half. Inside the computer was a face I didn't recognize. I picked it up and looked at it. It was a normal face. I walked over to a mirror and saw the truth.