Chapter 25 Pt. 1

Chapter 25 is dedicated to all my silent readers. You might not vote or comment, but the fact that you're giving my book a chance means a lot to me!

Thank you for your support ❤
--------------------------------------------------------

I really didn't know why I decided to get in. It wasn't just because I owed him a favor. Maybe it was the curiosity, or just the shock from him saying please a few seconds ago.

I hope this wasn't some elaborate prank and he wouldn't leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere

"Put your seatbelt on," he reminded me, as he slid into the driver's seat.

I buckled up, and was surprised by his break neck speed. I'd thought that Kevin drove fast. Ashton drove as if he was training for NASCAR.

After a moment I asked, "Ashton, where are you taking me?"

"You'll see soon."

"Ashton," I pressed.

"To meet someone," he dismissed with a wave of his hand.

I decided to just trust him. Arguing with him was futile at this point.

After about thirty minutes of driving, he pulled up at a road surrounded by beautiful trees in full bloom. He drove until we came in view of what seemed like a gated community. I gave him a dubious look as he turned into a driveway lined with tall, elegant palm trees.

In the Common Realm, communities this nice were usually reserved for the upper class or the occasional middle class person who could somehow afford it.

I wondered if Ashton was secretly from an upper class family. Our school was one of the best, but it didn't have many students from the upper class. In our year, Callie and Xander were the only ones.

In a moment, a large white mansion came into view. I gaped in awe. It was like nothing I had ever seen before. It stood about four stories tall in tremendous majesty. The sunlight glinted and reflected off the clean white stucco exterior, enhancing the breathtaking effect.

Ashton pulled up in front of it and cut the engine. He let out a tired sigh and ran a hand through his midnight hair. I waited for him to say something, but he remained quiet, and seemed to contemplate something.

He shook his head with a scowl and got out of the sleek car. I hesitantly fumbled with my seatbelt and got out as well. I took in the beautiful surroundings.

"Ashton, where are-"

"My house," he responded without even looking back at me.

With a few long strides he was almost at the door. He pushed it open and held it open while I stepped inside.

I looked around in awe as I entered the building. The walls were a pale gold color and in the high ceiling hung a grand chandelier. The furniture was also exquisite. I knew he was rich, but this was a whole new level.

"This isn't where you had your party," I commented.

"How observant," he remarked drily and strode off further into the house and up a flight of stairs.

"You said I was meeting someone," I panted, trying to match his long strides. "Who is that exactly?"

He made a turn at a corridor and continued walking. Was he really going to ignore me right now? I stopped and crossed my arms.

"If you're not going to tell me, then I'm leaving." And with that I spun around and walked off.

I must have been crazy to actually come here with him. I was almost around the corridor when a hand circled around my wrist. The touch sent a wave of tingles up my arm that invited me to move closer to him, but I ignored them and tried to yank my hand free.

"Elizabeth, don't be difficult right now," he said in annoyance.

I whirled around to glare at him.

"So I'm just supposed to follow you blindly to wherever you're taking me, without knowing the details?" I asked incredulously.

He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Look, Ashton. I'm really grateful for what you did, and I'll find a way to make it up to you. But I don't think I should be here right now." Before he could respond, I added "And Nicole..."

At the mention of her name, his eyes hardened and I could see hints of anger. Somehow I think that anger was directed at me.

His jaw clenched and unclenched. "Don't freak out, but we're meeting my parents and-"

"Your what?" I shrieked. "You brought me here to meet your parents?!"

"I told you not to freak out," he groaned.

"Well, I'm sorry, how am I supposed to react then?" I said while trying desperately to free my wrist from his hold. I had to get out of here. "Why am I meeting your parents?"

"It's complicated, but I'll explain everything to you later," he said and tried pulling me along with him.

He was strong, but I obstinately dug my heels into the floor.

"No. Explain now."

"Elizabeth," he said exasperatedly. "Just come, you'll hear everything soon. Do me this one favor."

I sighed and looked up at him. His dark blue eyes seemed almost pleading. The longer I looked into them, the more my will to leave dissolved. For a moment, I seemed to forget everything around us. I looked away and sighed.

"But I need to go soon," I said, pointing to my watch.

"Okay, but there's something you don't know."

"There are lots of things I don't know. But what I do know is that I have to get home by-"

"Just listen!"

"Don't shout at me! This has been so confusing for me. Why did you even bring me here? It's not like you want to be friends with me, you've been making that clear for the past year."

"Elizabeth," he whispered softly. He covered the distance between us and looked down at me. "There's something about me that you need to know about."

"And that would be?"

"Not everything is as it seems."

"I know! I seem to still be here when I should be at home."

"For once, can you just listen to me?"

I frowned. "What are you trying to say?"

"Ashton!" a voice called from downstairs.

Ashton glanced behind me with a groan.
He stared at the ground for a while, and then looked at me. "Let's go meet some people."

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies! Thanks for reading!

So Ashton's taken Elizabeth to his house to meet his parents. Is she finally about to learn everything?

Leave a comment and a vote❤
See you in the next chapter!