Chapter Eight

[A.N.: Hello, humans. I'm still breathing. How are you all doing? Thank you for the support. I have almost 1k reads (〒﹏〒) thank you, all of you. And check out this post, it's not mine but it's awesome.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CLH5tn8nRaR/?igshid=n48jreyrlvzk It reminded me off Nara. ]
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Nara has returned to the hellhole people call school. Her father's fever did not come back and he made her come back to school. The only thing exciting about school right now, is the upcoming school festival. There is a talent showing competition and all the students are buzzing with excitement about that. Nara is not even thinking about signing up but she's also excited to see the ideas, the people are going to come up with. Though she would hate to have someone realize that. She's laying down on her desk listening to music. But her history teacher calls her out.

"You think you are too intelligent to study, don't you, you brat? Tell me what we are studying right now."

"Wasn't listening."

"I don't understand how you brats can be so arrogant. Why do you stay in class if you won't pay attention?"

"......"

"GO stand out and stand with your hands up, facing the wall."

"Khamsahamnida, teacher." She bows and gets out , the teacher stares at her red faced, if you look closely, you might see smoke coming out of his ears. But she doesn't do as the teacher says and decides to walk around the building.

In every classroom, the teachers are droning on about their lessons. Some students are paying attention, some are sleeping, some are on their phones, some are chatting, a few are looking out the windows. But the hallways are empty only a boy is walking towards the washroom. The empty hallways make her happy and warm for some reason. She goes to her empty music room to sleep after walking about for a bit. She hears the sound of someone singing coming out of the music room beside the one she sleeps in. There is a class going on there at present and the girl who is singing has a beautiful voice. She goes closer to the room to hear the girl's voice gliding through outside the room and to the empty hallway near the room, sleep long forgotten. Nara catches a glimpse of the girl. She has short hair and is wearing glasses making her face a little less noticable but she looks beautiful none the less. Soon another girl with long hair joins her in the singing and her voice is beautiful too. But the short haired girl sings just a bit better. After they finish up the class bursts into applause. The teacher also applauds and praises them. Then the teacher decides that the short haired girl is going to take the lead role in their upcoming musical in the school festival, and the long haired girl's face darken. After that the bell rings and students along with the teacher, get out; Nara hides into her usual music room in the meantime and gets out after they leave. The short haired girl stays for more practice. She walks toward the room, to hear her sing again. Jukyung suddenly appears in front of one of the entrance. She notices Nara and waves. Nara waves back then puts her index finger on her lips, motioning Jukyung not to speak.  After she finishes singing, the girl gets down from the stage and the long haired girl appears through the another entrance with her goons. The 'rejected' girl bullies her making both of the 11th graders' blood boil. Nara has hated watching people get bullied after meeting him. Even though, he's not here anymore, she would help other people if they get bullied.

"YA! What are you witches doing?" She decides to go easy on them as the bullies are her junior.

"That's none of your business. Go away." The 'rejected' girl replies.

Nara picks up the cloth teacher gave the short haired girl for being selected and gives it back to her. "You, you got rejected, is that why you are being petty?" She smiles at the 'rejected' girl sarcastically. The 'rejected' gets angry and tries to throw a punch at her. Nara grabs her fist tightly. Maybe a little too tightly.

"You're very bad at this. Your stance is wrong and the way you fisted your hand? You are going to break your thumb not my cheek bones. How about you fix those, rather than bullying like a dumb b**ch, hmm?" She tilts her head.

The long haired 'rejected' stares at her fearfully. "This has nothing to do with you. Why are you doing this?" The selected girl abruptly walks away from the scene.

"Honey, this has everything to do with me. And it's eonnie not you, arasso?"

"Who are you?"

"Ko Nara. I'll make your life a living hell if I find you bullying her again, arasso, little girls?" She makes eye contact with each of them and let's go of the leader's fist

The goons run away and the leader follows them holding the fist to her chest.

"Cowards." She mutters to herself and exits the room. The selected girl is nowhere to be found, as far as Nara and Jukyung's sight can reach. She sighs in disappointment and glances at Jukyung.

"Where did she leave?"

"That way but you won't find her now." Jukyung points at the direction. "Waa~ you were so cool walking in there like that. I was too scared."

Nara fights off her smile and loses then realizes her last statement and the smile vanishes. "Is anyone bullying you? Is that why you were scared? Tell me, I'll beat them up."

"Ani, ani~ I'm not getting bullied here." Jukyung replies in a higher pitch and laughs uncomfortably.

"Then you were bullied in your old school? Do still meet them sometimes? If so, tell me, I'll take care of them." She cracks her knuckles.

"Aniyo, it's fine~" Jukyung shakes her head too much, indicating that she's lying and Nara decides to not make her feel uncomfortable by mentioning that.

"Alright. Let me know if you are." She walks into her usual music room and lays her head down.

"Oh! This is where you stay when you skip classes." Jukyung follows her into the room.

"Mmm~" She replies.

"Do you hate bullies?"

"You have no idea." She replies, reminiscing about the times when he spoke to her about his bullies. Her face darkens.

"Right, I almost forgot, teacher was so angry when he realized that you didn't listen to him."

"Eh~ What's new?"

"You can get into trouble though."

"I always get into trouble. So, again, what's new?"

"Don't you hate detentions?"

"I skip them too if I don't feel like attending."

"Ya~ you really are a troublemaker." Jukyung laughs.

Nara smiles at her. "You are going to miss lunch? Your friends are probably looking for you."

"Oh, right. I should go find them." Jukyung walkes out but Nara calls her back.

"Jukyung."

She looks back at her. "What?"

"Remember what I said about someone bullying you."

"I'll remember that." She smiles kindly. "You are really nice, y'know, Nara-ah?"

"Not really." Nara mutters suddenly feeling embarrassed of the show in front of Jukyung.

Jukyung smiles wider and leaves. "You are though." And Nara tries to sleep smiling.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
[Unedited]