Chapter Fifteen

Skye was the first to arrive at the cabins. Rocky, Zuma, and Rubble got there an hour later. Rocky and Rubble were each pulling a small trailer. Rubble’s trailer had a door in the back. Rocky’s trailer, however, was only a platform without walls or a roof. Ryder and Chase moved the three delinquents to Rubble’s trailer. The inside of the trailer had seats on either wall with seatbelts. Leo, Cash, and Cassie sat down and got buckled in. Ryder closed the door with a lock but opened the windows on either side of the trailers. The windows had rails that prevented anyone to get out but still provided them with fresh air. Rocky parked the trailer in front of the first cabin and they started loading it up with everything.

“There are crates inside the cabin,” Ryder said. “Skye, Rubble, and Marshall, you three will push the crates one by one out the door, and Rubble will use his bulldozer to lift them onto the trailer. I checked earlier and they shouldn’t be hard to move. They aren’t that heavy.”

“Okay, Ryder,” all three of them said.

“Rocky and Zuma, you two will go to the other cabin. At the entrance, there is a large empty crate. I need you guys to fill it up with everything from inside the cabin and bring the crate back to the trailer.”

“Okay, Ryder,” Rocky and Zuma stated.

“Chase, I need you to handle the jewelry. There should be an empty box under one of the tables. Carefully place all the jewelry inside the box. Once you do, I want you to take it with you in your car. Once you are done with that, help Marshall and the others to move the crates out of the cabin.”

“Yes, sir,” Chase said. They all left to do their job. It took roughly an hour, but they got everything strapped down to the trailer and headed back. By the time they returned to town, it was shortly past midnight. Ryder sent Zuma, Marshall, Skye, and Rocky back to the Lookout. Rocky left the trailer with all the supplies at Town Hall. He stayed with Chase and Rubble. Rubble had started to doze off, so Chase put the jewelry box in the bulldozer and took Rubble to the Lookout.

“No, I can still help,” Rubble insisted. He yawned. “I’m not even that tired.”

“Rubble, if you weren’t wearing your seatbelt, you would fall off of my car because you’re swaying left and right,” Chase laughed. “Don’t worry, Rubble. Thank you for your help today.” Chase parked his car in its designated spot. Rubble frowned and looked at Chase. “But my bulldozer is still over there. Where am I going to sleep.”

“I was thinking about letting you sleep in my puphouse for tonight. I’ll drive your bulldozer back here once we are done with it.” Chase and Rubble got off of the cruiser and the vehicle transformed into a puphouse.

“You sure, Chase? I don’t want to be a pest or anything,” Rubble stated.

“Yeah, of course. I can sleep in the guestroom. I don’t mind it.”

“Okay, thanks,” Rubble said. He entered the room and laid down on the bed. “Wow, Chase, you got a big bed.”

Chase chuckled. “Yeah, anyway, good night, Rubble.”

“Goodnight, Chase,” Rubble said. He yawned and closed his eyes. The second his head came in contact with the bed, Rubble had started snoring.

Chase walked across the bridge where Ryder was waiting for him. Ryder was leaning against the side of his ATV, searching through his pup pad. “Are they all asleep?” Ryder asked.

“Yes, sir,” Chase announced.

“Good, and you still remember how to drive Rubble’s bulldozer, right?”

Chase shifted his weight. The last time he drove the bulldozer, he had forgotten how the controls worked at first, despite being the one to show Rubble how to use them. After a while, he had gotten used to the controls. “Um, yeah, I think I got it,” Chase said. He got on the bulldozer and turned on the engine. When he stepped on the gas pedal, all the things he remembered about driving the bulldozer came back to him. “Yeah, I got it.”