RomCom BS

Call me when you wake up we need to talk

-Mark

Celeste stared down at her phone the next morning and nervously scratched her head as she read the text over and over again. 

That did not sound good.

She jumped off her bed and did a few anxious laps around her room before jumping back on her bed and looking at the text again.

No matter how you looked at it, that was ominous as fuck and Mark didn’t even put a smily face at the end to make it sound less scary. 

What could Mark possible need to text her at 2 in the morning for?

Well, there was only one way to find out.

She took a deep breath and called him.

“Hello?” Mark’s voice sounded groggy and stressed, like he had been working through the night.

“Hey Mark,” Celeste tightened her grip on her cell phone. “I got your text; What’s up?”

She could hear his sigh and a slight rustle. “I know this is kind of a weird, romcom kind of thing to ask but I’m kind of stuck between a rock and a tough place and I don’t have any other options.”

“Is everything alright, Mark?” She asked worriedly.

“Remember how I mentioned that my great aunt is coming to visit?”

“The one who use to give you her son’s toys because she didn’t want to go shopping for you?”

“Yeah, that one. Well, now that I’m a student at Daebu Academy of Social Etiquette and Business-”

“She’s suddenly very interested in being your favorite Aunt?”

“I wish.”

Celeste raised her eyebrows. “Whoa, that bad?”

“She’s trying to hook me up with one of her friend’s daughters.”

“Ugh, gross.” She cringed and made a face.

“She’s been shoving pictures of all these girls in my face and just not taking no for an answer. And I kind of got fed up-”

“Yeah, I imagine so!”

“Celeste, just let me talk.”

“Sorry, continue.”

“Thanks. Where was I?”