Part 6

Sam and I ran into Savannah and Brian in the lobby, so we decided to all go out. Brian suggested we all go down-town and see what there was to do. Everyone agreed and we made our way there. We had changed out of our suits and into pretty casual outfits. The sun was beaming down on all of us as we walked past a few stores.

"It's gorgeous," Savannah and I drooled over the dress behind the window of a store. "It would be perfect for prom," I added. She peeled herself away from the window and shot me a frantic look. "Prom!" she exclaimed. "Prom?" I laughed at her outburst. She grabbed my arm and shook it. "Duh, it's so soon! We need dates! We need dresses!" she shouted, her eyes practically popping out of her head. My expression matched hers when her sentence sank in. "Oh my god, you're right!" I barked back. Sam and Brian turned to our yelling. "Guys chill out. Prom's in three months," Sam argued. Savannah and I looked at each other with disbelief that he had actually just said that. "Exactly!" we both shouted, after turning back to look at him. Brian laughed. "Just relax. We're only in Florida for a while more," Brian said, surprisingly causing me to feel better.

We weaved our way in and out of different shops until we found ourselves roaming around in a surfing shop. I picked up a brochure off of the front desk. "We should totally go and learn how to surf!" I exclaimed waving the brochure above my head to show them. Before I could get their attention, an employee showed up by my side. I often hated how workers did that without asking if you needed help, but I didn't mind this particular employee helping. He had shaggy blonde hair, a nice tan and blue eyes-total surfer guy. He flashed a smile before speaking. "They have really nice instructors at the beach right off of Springs Street," he spoke with a shaky voice, but it made him sound cute. I smiled back. "Noted, but why do I get the feeling you're one of them?" I said with a chuckle. He laughed. "Is it that obvious?" he asked, leaning against the desk. "I'm only surprised that you're wearing shoes," I joked. "Damn those surfer stereotypes," he replied, making us both laugh. "I'm Landon," he said, putting his hand out in front of me. I eagerly shook it and added, "Maggie."

Savannah approached with a smile. I handed her the brochure and she winced. "Really? Surfing?" she insinuated. "Come on, it would be so fun," I returned with a hopeful glance towards Landon. He caught on. "Once you get out there, it's a total blast," he said. Savannah looked up after hearing his voice. Her face contorted quickly. "Oh, yeah definitely," she corrected herself while giving a strand of her hair a nice twirl. I laughed and rolled my eyes at her. I grabbed another brochure. "We will consider it, thanks Landon," I chuckled before turning and leaving with Savannah being dragged behind me.

She stumbled into me after walking out of the store. "Okay," she giggled, "who was the hottie lamottie with the swimmer's body?" I just shook my head and laughed, "Real smooth, Sav."