one hundred and five -"stay here, don't move, wait for me"-one hundred & five

"Several years ago, someone welcomed me to the game. They said how well I played, that was up to me. The competition was tough. The mentors were even tougher. I pushed myself to the breaking point. And I didn't crack under pressure, even though, let's be honest, I probably should have. I've played the game pretty damn well. Or so I thought I did. You try just as hard. You do the same things you've done for years, even better than you used to. But what if it still doesn't feel like a win anymore? Does that mean you've stopped playing? No. It means it's time to change the game."
-Meredith Grey, S18E1, "Here Comes The Sun"

"Homeostasis is our body's way of maintaining a consistent and steady internal state. Multiple system work in sync to regulate factors like temperature, blood pressure, even sodium levels. These systems are designed to resist and combat anything that tries to throw our bodies off. It's a continual loop with checks and balances. Until something manages to break the cycle. There is such a thing as predictive homeostasis. It's when our body anticipates responses to future challenges. It understands that change is inevitable and doesn't have to be catastrophic."
-Meredith Grey, S18E2, "Some Kind of Tomorrow"

"When the body's exposed to rising temperatures, it has the ability to cool itself down. We sweat, our blood vessels dilate, and our heart rate increases. Our body releases as much excess heat as it can. But when the temperature starts to inch above 100 degrees, our bodies have to work overtime, leading to heat exhaustion. We become nauseated, dizzy, and confused. And we fight like hell to cool down before it's too late. For me, the boiling point is more about stuff bubbling up from the bottom. It's about stuff you haven't thought about in a while. It's about stuff that's been heating up while you weren't even paying attention. The question is, how well can you contain things before they boil over? The thing is, even if things don't boil over completely, they can still simmer. And as long as you're careful how you handle yourself, you won't get burned."
-Meredith Grey, S18E3, "Hotter Than Hell"

LIKE GREY'S, THIS STORY WILL BE PORTRAYED IN A POST COVID REALITY.

"God, Meredith, you're such a dawdler. You kept me waiting."

"Mom?"

"And now you're staring at me, again. Such a problem child. When are you going to learn?"

"Learn what?"

"What are you gonna do, Meredith? You've survived the unthinkable. Do you how many people didn't? You survived. Again. And what do you have to show for it? Ordinary lap choles? Unbelievable."

Things in the household were okay, but still tense. Meredith was back working at Grey Sloan fulltime while Amelia complained about Link, and Link- the time that he was home and not hiding out at Jo's-sulked around, ignored Amelia, or made passive aggressive remarks in front of the kids. It was not good between the two, but they still managed for Scout.

"People get married. It's what they do."

""People get married"?"

"A lot of them."

"A lot of people do drugs. Should I?"

"I gave you space, I gave you time, and then... then I planned an extremely special thing."

"At someone else's wedding."

"Is that a rule I didn't know about?"

"Yes. I... You ambushed me with multiple children and multiple rings, the children making it nearly impossible to say no to the rings."