Intro and Excerpt from His To Keep (Edited Version) - By L.F. Goodfellow

L.F Goodfellow. (Lydia161290)

Hello everyone. I'm Lydia.

I'm super stoked to be involved in the Wattpad Block Party. Is everyone enjoying themselves? I hope so.

I have some cool things to share with you all in this post, but before I do, to those who don't know who I am, here's something for you!

My Wattpad username is @Lydia161290. I've been on Wattpad for about five years now and I'm also a part of a group of writers called MALICE. I'm probably best known for books such as The Wolf Cave and His To Keep that I wrote from scratch on Wattpad. Recently, I've taken a step back to work on editing my books for publishing, but I do still update when I can on here on Wattpad.

Okay, so first things first.

Wattpad. Wattpad has been a joy to share my stories on. When I first started writing on this website, I had no idea I would be where I am today. I was blown away by how simple and easy it was to share my books and interact with readers from all over the world. I didn't know I would have books that people would enjoy and love as much as I do. Wattpad has given me a chance to get in touch with my inner creativity. It's helped me learn and grow as a writer. I've met some incredible people on my journey and I know if I hadn't started writing on Wattpad, I may never have started at all. It's given me a safe environment to do something I've always wanted to do, but never had the confidence to do it.

To my Followers. I honestly don't give enough credit to you. You are all amazing and beautiful. I am truly thankful that you go out of your way to message me such thoughtful words that brighten my day. I am grateful for all you have done for me. When I'm writing something new, I get excited at the prospect of sharing it with you. Thank you for being the best.

--------

First things first, most of you are aware that I am self-publishing His To Keep sometime this year. A lot of you are wondering about the changes I've made to the version on Wattpad. My answer? A lot. Because I'm super excited to share this with you, here is a sneaky peak of the edited version of His To Keep.

Excerpt from His To Keep (Edited Version)

After I finished dressing, I walked over towards the mirror and wiped the condensation away. I stared at my reflection, waiting for some hint that it was actually me staring back.

I blinked.

My reflection blinked back.

My skin was chalky, my lips pale pink and my eyes raw from crying. Already it seemed like I was starting to resemble the people in this house.

In an attempt to stop me from becoming like Penny, I reached for the hairbrush and pulled it through knotted hair, wincing when the bristles snagged on a tangled strands.

Just as I set the brush down on the sink, there was the faintest knock on the door. I whirled around to see Callum standing in the doorway and gazing down at the floor. I relaxed that it was him and not Father Aaron.

He lifted his eyes and he stared at me for longer than he usually would. His eyes widened the smallest fraction. My heart started beating just a little faster when I noticed the blush tinge his cheeks.

He dropped his head, as if looking at me embarrassed him. "I need to use to the bathroom."

"Oh, sorry," I said, flustered.

Taking a deep breath, I slipped past him, my shoulder accidentally brushing against his. He jerked away and moved into the bathroom, slamming the door forcibly behind him. I jumped from the noise.