Luke?

"Luke Hemmings, I live and breathe." I say as I nervously bite my lip. He isn't is as I remember him.. He's always had the "bad boy" attitude but never as full blown as this. He's wearing a red plaid flannel, beat up leather jacker and black, semi wholly skinny jeans.

"That's me, Val." he says as he flashes a smirk and slides the cigarette in between his teeth again. Luke tries to walk into my apartment with the still-lit cigarette but that just won't do.

"I don't think so, Hemmo." I say as I step in front of him, inches away from his face, cigarette smoke clouding my vision. 

"Alright, your house, your rules Val." he says as he winks, smirks and throws the cigarette to the ground and squishes it with his shoe. I just roll my eyes, reminiscing of the high school days when Luke was.. exactly the same just not as.. hot? Can i even say that..?

"So..." I say as I motion for him to come in. He picks up his two bags and heads into the apartment, leaving his suitcases by the door.

"So," he says.

"How have you been..?" I ask him, trying to hide and silence the awkward feeling in the air.

"Yeah, I'm wonderful.. you?" he says as he plops down on the couch. I decide to sit on the couch next to him to not show that I'm trying to avoid him.

"Yeah good.."

"Val, let's cut the crap.. what happened between us?" he asks staring at me dead in the eyes.

"What happened between us is ancient history.. I'm with Matt now."

"Matt? really..? That's lame.."

"Hey, he's changed so much since high school, Luke. Don't be the judgmental jerk I remember you to be."

"Yeah, well. I'm not trying to reignite an old flame, but it isn't crazy to ask what happened Val."

"Well.. what happened is that you treated me like shit in high school and you took advantage of me at Christie's end of the year senior party."

"I had a half of a bottle of vodka that night so I don't even remember what possessed me to do it.. I'm sorry." 

"It's in the past, Luke. Let's just move on, ok."

"Alright,, deal."

I look around trying to find some sort of object that will inspire me a sentence so I can change the subject. I got it.

"Let me show you your room." I say as I flash a fake smile. This could not be more awkward. I lead Luke down to the end of the small hallway where his room lies. It's small but very streamline and modern.

"Cute." he says as he throws his beat up suitcases to the floor, kicks off his shoes and jumps like a little kid onto the queen sized bed. 

"So.. since when have you started smoking?" I ask him as he laughs at my outlandish question.

"I actually don't smoke often, surprisingly."

"How is that even possible..? They're addictive."

"I don't get addicted to things." He says as he does the signature Luke smirk and wink.

"Alright then.." I say as I roll my eyes "Well i'll leave you to yourself.." I say as I attempt to close the door. Just as it is about to close, a hand stops it: Luke's hand to be exact.

"I never said you had to leave." he whispers. "we should um.. catch up." he says again, sounding shy.