Chapter 2

When we finally get home I run up to mine and Peeta's room, so my children won't see me like this, even though I'm sure they already have. I can hear Peeta taking to Willow and Rye, but I can't make out what he's saying. A few minutes later Peeta come into the room. I am hiding under the covers trying to drown the sound of my crying. "Katniss?" Peeta asks.

"What Peeta?" I say harshly to him and regretting it right away. I come out from under the covers. Tears staining my face. "I'm sorry".

"It's fine, I understand". He says as he sits next to me on the bed. "Peeta, what if Clark has rough the games back just to get at us?" I ask, my voice shaking. "Then we survive, like the past games." He answers. "Peeta, it won't be that easy, killing children."

"We've done it before, we can do it again, if that's the only way to come home." He says, acting it's no big deal. "We have our own children Peeta!" I yell at him. "I'm sorry, but you understand right? It was hard the other games, but it will be nearly impossible now." I say as tears from in my eyes again. He embraces me in a hug and kisses my forehead. "I never thought about it like that" He says. I look into his eyes. He now has tears forming.

We sit there talking for awhile. Then out of nowhere I burst into tears. Peeta tries to calm me down but it's not working. I hear Willow and Rye run up the stairs. I try to calm down so they can see me like this but I can't. Willow and Rye run into our room, with worried faces. "Mommy, what's wrong?" Asks Rye, with a sympathetic look on his face. "I'm fine sweetie, it nothing". I lie. "Then why are you crying?" Willow asks. "Kids, go set the table, please" Peeta says, know I don't want to talk about why I'm crying to them. Willow and Rye leave to set the table. "Katniss, what wrong?" Peeta asks.

"Rue..."

"What about her?" Peeta asks, looking a bit confused. "Just remembering her." I respond. "It's okay." He says. Even though it really isn't.