⋆⋅ fourty ⋆⋅

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗
Chapter 40
╚═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╝

"so let me get this right—" Karl said in between bites of a trashy McDonald's burger.

"you literally got kidnapped by a bunch of crazy smart people that had all this information?"

"basically" 

"was i anywhere at all?" he asked.

"I didn't see you mentioned, but there was a dot near or at North Carolina, could've been you or jimmy" I pondered. He responded with a blank nod.

"you're sure I can't call Wilbur?" he pleaded. 

"you can't call him or they're in danger" we sat in silence before I spoke again,

"sorry for dragging you into this—I just didn't know what to do—"  I started rambling,

"Ollie don't say that, you needed help, plus who else would've you called?" 

"no idea, on top of that, I have to find my parents"

"you still don't know about them?" Karl face grew more worried,

"they told me they were safe but didn't tell me where" I muttered.

"I bet the police will be looking for them too once they're caught"

"if they're caught" I corrected.

"who knows, they could've been caught five minutes after you left" Karl shrugged, wiping his hands on the napkins the McDonalds employee gave us.

"there's no way, they were so coordinated, I'm surprised they didn't find me at the gas station"
"we better get going, we have another plane to catch, you're coming back to my house" Karl started the car again and I hugged Tommy's now dry sweatshirt against me.

After a ride to the airport, and quickly getting on the plane since neither of us had luggage, we were leaving. Going away from Canada, away from my friends, away from the team, away from Tommy. 
Shortly after the plane took off, I instantly fell asleep, I had been awake for more than 40 hours, and I didn't know how I was still keeping my eyes open, must've been adrenaline.

────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────

"A missing person is a person 18 years old or older whose disappearance is possibly not voluntary, or a child whose whereabouts are unknown to the child's legal custodian" Alex explained, I was still trying to wrap my brain around this whole situation,

"Law enforcement agencies can request an Amber Alert if their investigation determines that the child's disappearance meets the Amber Alert criteria." He continued,

"isn't this amber alert criteria?" Schlatt expressed.

"it should be, usually they wait until they do a full perimeter check before announcing it" Alex blurted all his information on the subject.

"what happens if they don't find her at all—" Ranboo asked, Iris was sitting next to him, she had substantially gotten more anxious, especially after the people spilled all the personal information about us. 

a/n: before you say anything, this is part of character development for Iris's book. Not anything to do with her being "a villain" according to all of yall 😑 P.S Iris's book "Pistanthrophobia" first chapter is out, Molly is a huge part of it, so I highly recommend checking it out ;)

"A court shall not declare a person dead if within six months after publication of the notice information is received which proves that the person is alive." Quackity rubbed his temples as he recited the law.

"six months" I repeated, staring blankly.

"tommy, we'll find her by then" Niki assured me, she hadn't talked much after her terrifying call earlier today.

"what if we don't? what do we do then?" I turned towards Alex, but he didn't respond. The tense silence was cut in half by Wilbur's phone ringing, the contact was Officer banks. He instantly picked it up and put it on speaker.

"This is Wilbur?" Officer Banks started.

"yeah, and everybody else, you're on speaker"
Wilbur placed his hand against his jawline.

"we looked through the entire neighborhood and didn't find anything, she's really good at disappearing" Banks responded.

"ok" Wilbur huffed, leaning back in his chair.
"We decided to send out an amber alert for this area, since there's no way she could've gotten this far, someone's prone to notice her, if there's no response we'll expand the amount of people getting the notification"

"m'kay" Wilbur couldn't think of a response,
"we need you to answer some questions about her first so we could put it on her file"

"ok then" After a short pause, Banks started asking,

"date of birth?" 

"December 14th, 2003" Tubbo answered, his birthday was close to Molly's. Which was coming up.

"height?" 

"probably around 5'7" I remembered I could easily rest my chin on the top of her head.

"eye color?" 

"green" the memories of the one night we stargazed in Seattle flooded my mind. That was the night I noticed how green her eyes were.

"hair color?" 

"brown" Wilbur answered, I remember the other night she taught him how to braid hair, and he clearly remembered it as his eyes became glassy.

"that's all we need for now. I'll call back soon" and Wilbur hung up. Tossing his phone lightly on the coffee table.

"George and Nick had planned on leaving tomorrow, they said they could stay but—" Clay started,

"if you guys need to go home you can go home, honestly it would be better if there's less people involved in the—situation" Wilbur said,

"ok, George and I are taking the same flight to Texas and then George will be off to England" Nick answered.

"what time are you guys leaving" Alex asked.

"early tomorrow morning" Nick checked his phone.

"we should all try and get some sleep then" Wilbur answered blankly, we all knew he wasn't going to get any rest.

Nick, Clay, and George disappeared up the stairs, but no one followed.

"Tubbo, Tommy, and Wilbur, you guys haven't slept at all in like two days. You need to get some sleep" Niki said.

"I'm not tired" Tubbo muttered.

"me neither" I said in the same tone.

"at least lay down or something, please" Niki was really trying here, she looked towards Will for some type of support, but he sat staring blankly at the phone.

"I'll lie down, but I'm not gonna get any sleep"
Tubbo clutched a pillow from the couch and laid on it sideways. Keeping his eyes as wide as possible, within seconds he was snoozing. Ranboo and Iris shortly left after. Which left Me, Niki, Wilbur, Quackity, and Schlatt awake.

"do you think we'll find her?" I asked, staring at a sleeping tubbo. There was a long silence before Niki spoke,

"Ollie's doing her best right now, so we need to do our best, for her" 

"yeah, but what if she's not? What is she's out there, freezing to death, with no one to help her?" I fired.

"yeah, but she could also be safe, under shelter, not dead" Alex mentioned. The room was met with an unbearable silence again.