The wolf

"This goes against everything I was taught as a child." Naomi says as we walk toward Will's band's white van with tinted windows. "The band's car isn't exactly the definition of a nice ride. Don't worry, mine isn't a moving trash can like this." I picked up my pace and threw open the backseat door. "Heyo Wolfie! Whats happening girl?" Kevin slurs as he puts a cigarette to his mouth. I rolled my eyes and looked at the other person in the backseat. "Really Britt, you let him smoke bud and drink on the campus?" I asked, annoyed. "Sorry, Eden." She shrugged and tucked a strand of brown hair behind her ear. I shook my head. "Kev, put out your cigarette and move your ass over. We have a guest." I pushed Naomi up in front of me and she got in the seat next to Kevin.

"You know, you really look like you need a cigarette." Kevin says offering one to Naomi. "Uh, no thanks. I don't smoke." Naomi said shyly, putting on her seat belt. "Leave the girl alone. Hi, I'm Britt." Kevin's girlfriend says reaching over him and shakes Naomi's hand. "Let's go babe, we don't have all day! Get in the fucking car!" Will calls from the front seat. I give Naomi a reassuring look before slamming the door and running over to the passenger side. "Where are we headin?" Will asked me after I buckled my seat belt. I turn around and look at Naomi. "Want to go to your dorm?" I asked. She shook her head violently. I think my friends scare her. I don't know how. "My place." I said and Will quickly pulled out of the parking lot and headed off to my house."We on for Drew's tonight?" He asked. "Damn right." I turned on the radio to Violet by Hole. "Its like they know you so well." Will says as he turns left and pulls into my street. "So who's this new girl?" He says looking back at Noms in the back seat. I turn around and look at her. She sits stiffly. Its so obvious shes uncomfortable. "She's one of my new best friends. Don't you and the boys pull shit with her." I turn and look back at her and smile. "She tougher than she looks." She looks up at me confused. Don't worry, she'll thank me later when some horny asshole isn't breathing on her neck. "Okay, we're here. Now get your annoying asses out of the car before we are late for our gig." The doors unlock and that's our Que. "See you at nine. Love you, Babe."  I reach over and ruffle his dirty blonde hair. "Yep." He says, reaching up to fix his hair back into a quiff.

Naomi and I both shut our doors at the same time, and like that, the noisy, white trash can car was already out of sight. Naomi looks at me. "Hes rude to you." She says bitterly. I don't think she likes Will very much. "He doesn't mean to be. Hes just stressed." I said searching for my keys in my back pocket. When I find them I look up to find her staring smugly at me. "What?" I said turning around and heading up to the door. "Are all your friends like them?" She asked not too far behind. I laugh. "No. They are worse." I said finally pushing the door open. "Maybe I should go back to my dorm." Naomi said, unsure. I turn around wide eyed. "No, no, no. You are not backing out. Besides, you have no plans." I turn to her crossing my arms. There is no way she is spending tonight alone in her dorm. "Well I just met you, like an hour ago. And what about your parents? They just let you spend your break partying?" Really shouldn't have brought that up.

"Okay, one, I'm not some guy you met off of the street. We have been going to the same classes together sense the beginning of the year. Two, my parents had me go to the farthest school from them and pay me to stay away. They even pay for this house." I throw my arm up to the house. She looks at me weirdly. "What about you anyways? Why aren't you with your family?" I ask.

She stood there and starred at me for a couple of seconds. "My my mom and dad had me stay at school to study for the break. They are big on good grades and if I don't study, I'm-" "Screwed. Yeah I get it. If you want, I can help you with some subjects over break." I interrupt. She raises an eyebrow at me. I role my eyes. "Just because I hang out with idiots doesn't mean I am one. They need me for strategies when in doubt. I take real pride in it." She looks at me and laughs. "Come on I was being serious!" I said, laughing too. I laugh even harder because nothing is funny. "Okay, okay, come on. Lets go inside before my neighbors start to think we are high."

I open the door and step in. I do a full circle with my hands in the air. "Welcome to my humble home." She looks around in awe. "How many people live here?" What? "Just me, why?" She raises her eyebrows at me. "How do your parents afford this?" She asked baffled. "Well, when Mommy and Daddy both are on the top ten doctors' list in America, money is as easy to get as ramen noodles for a college student on a budge." I walk into the living room and set down my books. Its not even that big. "You should see my parent's house." I walk back out to Naomi and find her still looking around. "Hey, are you coming or not?" I ask, leaning against the wall. She snaps out of her daze and looks at me. "Oh yeah, right." She walks into the living room and sets her things down. Before I turn around and walk upstairs, I take one good look at my house.

If she thinks this is amazing, what is her house like?