Jennie ☆ I've Got You

Începe de la început

In a flash, your mother and father are next to him, terrified of the sight before them. Without hesitation, your father jumps in, successfully managing to grab your now limp body and pull you out of the water.

Your breathing is shallow, and your family begins to fear the worst. They shake your limbs in an attempt to wake you, but it doesn't help. Your mother begins compressions, suddenly very thankful that she took those classes in the past, and your brother and father rush inside to call for help.

Despite it taking a few minutes, her actions are successful, and you come to. With a sputtering heave, you lean to side and cough up all of the water that had made its way into your lungs. Your mother pats your back and huddles next to you, tears streaming down her face. When the others return, they hurry to wrap you in their arms and embrace you. A few minutes pass as you all sit together, everyone happy that you're alright.

Being the person that you are, you decide to use humor to deflect and cope with the insanity that just went down. "Welp... that was something. Let's pretend I won that match, okay?" You suggest, looking at your brother with a trace of a smile playing on your lips. He shakes his head at you, confused at how you're already joking about it, but he laughs nonetheless. "No way!"

As the memories begin to leave your mind, you attempt to get a grip on yourself; surely you had been away for a bit, and Jennie would likely be coming by to check on you any second now. Grabbing a paper towel from the dispenser, you wet the edge of it, and wipe the sweat that's formed on your forehead and neck.

After drying yourself off and calming down, you exit the restroom and make your way back to the table. Jennie sends you a relieved look, as if to say, Thank God, I was worried. You manage to send her a fairly convincing smile, and she seems to accept it. Once seated again, she takes your hand into her own, rubbing her thumb in random patterns over your skin. You relax at the contact, and soon join back in with the conversation.

~~~~~~~

"Today was so much fun! Remember when they dropped Jisoo in super fast? That was hilarious!" Lisa and Rosé cackle at the thought, whooping loudly with laughter. Jisoo proceeds to smack them on the arm in response, saying, "Oh yeah? Well at least I could actually get a hole-in-one when we golfed; Lisa missed the ball completely!" The maknae glares at the other girl for flaming her like that, but soon they're all trading playful insults and goofing around.

You hung back a few paces, allowing them to have their fun while your mind drifted back to what would surely happen later that evening. As much as you hated keeping something as big as that from them, you were a bit embarrassed. Out of everything there is to fear in the world, yours is water? On top of that, you didn't want to let them down or spoil their fun; they'd been looking forward to this little trip for awhile, and you didn't want to keep them from swimming and having a good time. Completely lost in all of the negative thoughts vying for your attention, you failed to notice Jennie approach you. She had picked up on the scowl that fell across your features, your brows furrowed and lips drawn tight in a line. It was clear that something was troubling you, so she went to investigate.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" Her words come out softly, a gentle request for you to share what's troubling you. When you stay silent for a bit longer than she likes, she stops walking, and you subconsciously do the same.

Releasing a sigh, your eyes cast away from hers, you respond, "It's nothing, baby. I promise."

For a moment, it seems like she'll give in and accept your answer – which, of course, is the one thing you desperately want. Knowing you better than that, though, she can see right through you; still, she decides to spare you this time. "I don't believe that, jagi, but I'll wait for you to tell me about it whenever you're comfortable."