Chapter 32 - Seijoh vs Karasuno

"(Y/N)-chan~" a familiar voice called out and I smiled, turning the faucet off and placing the water bottle back into the bag before turning around to look at Oikawa.

"Hey Tooru-senpai," I replied with a smile. "Are you ready for today's game?"

He stopped a few feet in front of me, his hands in his tracksuit pockets. "Mhm, but I wanted to talk to you alone before the game started, so this is perfect."

I tilted my head, confused before I blinked in realization. "Are you worried that our friendship will be affected by this? Ah if so you don't have to-"

"I saw the news," he interrupted and I closed my mouth, taking a step back when I saw his expression. "A sport's prodigy... (Y/N) you're just like Tobio-chan... No you're even more of a genius."

'He didn't call me "(Y/N)-chan"' "And what does me having to be a prodigy have to do with this?" I asked, my heart beating fast at the change in development.

"I hate geniuses you know..." He glared at me. "Have you been laughing behind my back this entire time?" My lips started to feel dry. "I told you why I resented geniuses and told you about my worries whenever we called." He took a step forward and I took a step back, my legs hitting against the faucet. "I bet you were silent laughing at me this entire time, lying when you said you felt sympathy. You were just laughing pitifully at me weren't you?"

"Tooru-senpai I-"

"You hid that you were a prodigy to me... You didn't have to work hard to get where you were now like me. (Y/N), you told me that you always worked hard and stayed after practice to get better, but right now I can't believe you. You didn't have to work hard for your skills, as you can copy anything you see on your first try perfectly. That's why they called you the Thief of Teiko. You and your brother were titled the Copycat Twins, given the ability to copy anything on the first try."

I gulped and his glare seemed to get deeper, but his eyes were swirling with a mix of emotion that consisted of hate, pain, and something else. "That's not true, I-!"

"I am going to defeat Karasuno and get to the Nationals," Oikawa stated and clenched his fists. "Tobio-chan, Ushiwaka, and you, (Y/N)... All you geniuses that are standing in my way.... I'll crush you all and prove that I am stronger than you... That all my hard work paid off."

He then turned away and I reached out to him, grabbing the back of his jacket. He stopped walking and looked over his shoulder at me. I opened my mouth to say something, to retort him, to say that he was just making assumptions about me. My heart clenched and no words seem to come out of my mouth.

He sighed, gripped my hand and removed it from his jacket. "Since you have nothing to say, I'm going to go. Just remember what I said (Y/N), we will win... Don't talk to me for a while."

I stayed in place, my hands shaking at my sides as I watched Oikawa's figure slowly disappear from sight. My mask completely crumbled when he disappeared and a pained yet angry expression filled my face. For the first time in a long time, I wanted to tell someone the truth about me, my past. My story.

I wanted to tell Oikawa about ME. I wanted him to see the real ME. I wanted to tell him about how he was wrong about ME.

'We are both similar, both pained and filled with insecurities.'

I took a deep breath and turned away from the hallway, picking up the bag of bottles, I walked back to my team with a heavy conscious.

Third POV

(Y/N) quietly sat down on the bench, on the outside she held her usual smile, but internally she was seething. Her gaze unconsciously landed on Oikawa, realizing she was staring at him, she looked away like he was infected with the plague. 'Damn bastard saying that shit to me right before the game started.' She gripped her pen with more strength. Kiyoko, who noticed, was worried that the ink would explode from the inside. 'Once this is over I'm going to give him a piece of my mind! I was too unprepared for that sudden attack to give a response, but after this I'm going to set things straight to that idiot who made those ridiculous assumptions about me!'