toska (20.)

toska

(n.) a dull ache of the soul, a sick pining, a spiritual anguish

These past few weeks have been amazing.

I felt happy, a feeling I haven't been feeling a lot ever since my mom died.

Hunter, Jason, Elijah, Reagan and I grew a lot closer and it feels like we've known eachother forever.

We haven't heard from Wyatt since he came to my school. Which is nice, but it also makes me more anxious than ever.

~

We're having lunch. Elijah is flirting with Reagan, like he has since he met her, and Jason is telling a story of how he got away with not paying for his meal at McDonalds one time.

"Hey, guys. What do y'all have next period?" Rey asks us. 

"We all have a free period. What about you Av?" Jason asks me. 

"I think me and Reagan have art together?" Rey nods at me. As if on cue, the bell rings.

Rey and I walk towards our classroom and the boys walk outside to do whatever.

"Just on time ladies, come on in." Mrs Summer says as she's standing in the doorframe. Yes, she's Mr Summer's wife. They're so cute together.

She closes the door behind us and we take our seats. "Okay class. Can I have your attention please?" The class quiets down and a smile makes its way on Mrs Summer's face. 

"Thank you. Now, today we will work on the art we started making in the last lesson. You can grab all the equipment you need from the back and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask."

I grab some pencils from the back of the classroom and walk back to my desk. Last lesson, I drew a picture by memory and I'm going to put some more detail in it today. I sit down and look at the sketch. It is Tim, he's sitting on his bed with his back towards me and you can see the big dragon tattoo on his back. That tattoo is my favorite of his.

Just as I put one of the pencils on the paper, the intercom makes a crackling noise.

"MISS GARCÍA, YOUR FATHER IS HERE TO PICK YOU UP. I REPEAT, MISS AVA GARCÍA YOUR FATHER IS HERE TO PICK YOU UP."

I freeze. A few giggles are heard around the classroom. I slowly raise my head to look at Mrs Summers, who gives me a nod to indicate that I have her permission to leave class.

I try to act normal when I place the pencils and my sketch back and say bye to Rey. I grab my bag, throw it over my shoulder and put my hood back on.

I haven't been wearing my hood up since he left. But I guess that'll change again.

I slowly make my way to the office while sinking in my thoughts. What is he doing back this early? It hasn't been two months yet. Why is he picking me up from school? Wh-

I'm here. I stand in front of the door that says 'office'. I take a deep breath and open the door.

"Yeah, she texted me saying she wasn't feeling good and wanted to go home. I hope you don't mind." My father says to the principal. That's complete bullshit but the principal seems to buy it.

"Of course. There you are." The principal spots me first. "I hope you feel better soon." I give him a weak smile. 

"Well, let's go then." With those words my father grabs my arm, a little tighter than necessary and almost drags me out of the office. He doesn't say anything until we walk outside. He tightens his grip on my arm and stops walking.

"I came home yesterday. You know what I found?" I know that that was a rhetorical question so I don't say anything. 

"An empty house! It was empty! Because you weren't there!" I keep my mouth shut. 

"WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU YOU LITTLE BITCH? Because I know for a fact that you have no friends at whose house you can stay. Right?" I know that he doesn't want me to have any friends because he thinks I'll tell them everything that goes on at home.

Not very likely though.

HUNTERS POV

I currently have a free period with the boys and we decided to sit outside. After kicking some ball we found back and forth we got bored and walked towards the entrance of the school when we heard yelling. We were a little too far away to make out any words but it sounded like a very angry male. Maybe a teacher scolding a student?

We keep walking and the yelling stops. We watch a girl practically being dragged by an older male. He was probably the one yelling.

Wait.

I've seen that hoodie before."Dude, is that Ava?" 

"I think so."

Who was that guy she was with?

~

I've been thinking about it since I came home. Reagan told us about the call to the office so now I know that it was her father.

Why was he dragging her though? And what did he come to pick her up for?

I see you still live with your dad?

That's what that Wyatt guy said to her.

After he looked at her bruises.

After he saw her bruises.

After he saw her-

Wait!

I sit up in my bed. The file sliding of my leg.

Does her dad abuse her?