"getting ready for the dog park" chapter 20

I threw my bag on the couch and walked to the kitchen and got an apple. My mom was on the other couch in the living room. Slasher came up to me and sniffed me harshly, he knocked me onto the couch. I knew that he could smell Buttercup on me. He whimpered and sat down on the floor next to the couch. 

" Mom can I take Slasher to the dog park later? Chandler, his dog, and I are going to go and I just wanted to take Slasher since I haven't took him in a while." 

" Sure." she began to read a magazine.

" Ok thanks." I got up, grabbed my bag, and started upstairs. I got to my room and threw my half eaten apple in the trash can. I got Slashers collar, witch was hanging from the side of my mirror, and rushed back downstairs. Slasher knew what the collor meant and he ran up to me with his tail swinging left to right, left to right. When he wagged his tail, he wagged it more to the right than the left. That means that he was wagging it for his owner, it would go more to the left if I were a stranger. I put on his collar and seeked for his leash and found it on top of the refrigerator. I lached it onto the collar around his neck. I got a little bag with pictures of dog toys on it, I grabbed a couple of Slasher's toys and put them in it. I got a ball, a rubber steak, and a rubber chicken. Then I got s a bag of dog treats and put them in as well. 

I texted Chandler.

*R u ready? I got dog snacks and toys. U bring the bread to feed the ducks. k?*

*Ok yeah. Umm...am I gonna drive...ooor what?*

*Umm..no I'll drive. <3 *

*Ok.* 

I put my phone in my pocket and took Slasher to the living room on the couch. I waited for Chandler to text back. My phone buzzed and I was guessing it bas Chandler. I checked who it was and it was Juliet.

*Hey. Whats up?*

*Nm I'm just gonna take my dog to the dog park with Chandler.*

*Ooooh a 2nd date! Nice.*

*Pfft! haha* 

*I saw that Daniel was checking u out  all day....what up with that?*

*Oh he bumped into me at the movies now he won't leave me alone and he has been very clumsy.*

*Do you think he's cute?*

*Ummm....no.*

*Okaaay.* 

Chandler texted. *I'm ready.* 

I texted Juliet. *I gotta go ttul bye.*   *ttul.*

I didn't answer Chandler I just got all of my stuff and opened the front door. "Bye mom."   "Bye honey." I turned around and Chandler was right at my doorstep. 

"Hey, ok let's go." I directed him towards the car. Buttercup and Slasher got in the back and I opened both of the windows. They sniffed each other for a long time then they finally just stuck their heads out the windows. I turned on the music and backed out of the driveway. The dog park was 30 minutes away. The whole way Chandler and I just sang songs.