15 CENTIPEDAL, DESOLATE

LOOKING DOWN AT HIS CREATION
AND THINKING WE'VE THROWN IT AWAY

god must be doing cocaine,
charlotte lawrence

An entire month passes. Not in the blink of an eye but slowly like wet cement under stormy weather. Your routine is perfected, ingrained into your mind and becoming a staple in your no longer mundane life.

Training, training and training. And then rest. And then repeat.

But today, it's unwisely different. The air is cold as you walk down the corridor with Gojo and Itadori. The morning was dry and dark and Gojo was explaining your latest mission.

"I won't be able to lead you this time. But don't worry, I've called in a friend you can trust," He explains, pushing open the large doors to the outside.

You gulp at his words, thinking about the juvenile detention center and Roppongi. Gojo-sensei's presence was ever so comforting. Knowing that he wasn't here when you needed someone to lean on... it gave you a feeling you didn't like.

In the courtyard, back facing the three of you, was a tall and well-built man. Under the daylight, his features were exhumed to reveal a calm and reserved expression.

Gojo immediately swings his arm around him, "This is Nanami Kento, the ex-salary jujutsu sorcerer." While he's wearing the biggest grin you've ever seen, the man has his shoulders folded and a stoic expression resting on his chiselled face.

Behind the cream-coloured blazer hanging from his frame, was a holster containing a sword - a blunt one if your eyes didn't deceive you.

Itadori looks baffled, probably because he, like you, had never seen this man before. Additionally, very few knew that Itadori was alive.

"Please don't call me that," Nanami tuts.

Gojo explains, "Plenty of jujutsu sorcerers are oddballs but since he worked for a company, he's got a good head on his shoulders. He's a first-grade sorcerer, too."

He didn't strike you as a sorcerer at all. Light-brown hair styled so neatly, shaded in a way that reminds you of hot chocolate in a mug. That was the first thing that threw you off, made you instinctively wonder if he was normal.

(Then again, what is normal now?)

His eyes were shielded by a pair of armless glasses, making you lift your chin in curiosity.

Nanami fixes his glasses which seem to have slipped a little down the ridge of his nose, "I'm sure no one would want to hear you saying that about them."

The two stand together, making you realise something. A lot of these people wear sunglasses and stuff to hide their eyes. Maybe I should buy a pair.

"Ex-salaryman?" You tilt your head in curiosity, "Why didn't you become a jujutsu sorcerer from that start?"

He ignores your question, shaking off Gojo's arm around his shoulder, "We should greet each other first."

He unfolds his arms, tension loosening itself like an untied knot. Arms by his side, he bows curtly, "Nice to meet you, [L/n]-kun, Itadori-kun."

You and Itadori do the same, "Oh, yes, nice to meet you, too!"

"I studied at Jujutsu Tech," Nanami says, "and the one thing I learned... is that jujutsu sorcerers are shit!"

You blink, mind empty, and speak dumbfoundedly in unison with Itadori, "Huh?"