Chapter 27-Valentines Day

Start from the beginning

"I'm busy tonight anyways. I have to stay after school for a meeting then I have to finish printing out copies of the news paper for Monday," he tells me.

"Alright," I sigh. Suddenly I don't feel like going to school.

**

"Looking good. Who's the special guy getting laid tonight. I hope its me," some guy says.

"And I hope you get the fuck away from me before I cut off your dick," I reply before pushing him away. His friends laugh at him before he flips them off and leaves.

I hate being lonely. Apparently all my friends found someone to spend tonight with. Even for the Valentine's dance after school.

"Dani! Ashton needs to see you outside by the lunch tables near that huge tree," Beatrice informs me as she comes up to my locker.

"Okay. I'll be there-" I stop talking because I'm already being dragged down the hall. Before I know it I'm in front of the tree and Ashton is nowhere to be seen. Instead its Calum.

"I gotta go," I say but Beatrice's grip isn't loosening.

"Just hear him out," she pleads. I sigh even though no matter what he says is going to make me change my mind. I want him to feel pain. Okay that sounds mean but I'm not the prettiest daisy in the meadow.

"I'm really sorry for what I did and I wanted to know if-" Calum is cut off by a high pitched squeal.

"Oh. Em. Gee! Calum! You're asking me to the Valentine's Dance! I'll go with you! I'll go! I'll go!" Bethany screams. Her fake friends jump up and down with her and giggle. Basically half of the school have seen what happened. Apparently Bethany was standing behind me the whole time.

Before Calum can even squeeze a word in, Bethany has already left. He looks at me with sorry eyes and I just roll mine. I don't really care. I walk off and hear him call after me.

When he finally catches up to me he holds onto my wrist to resist me from moving. "Dani, you know I meant for you to go with me. I'm trying to get you back in my life again but you keep pushing me away," he says. He hands me the flowers he's been holding behind his back.

"Well then maybe you shouldn't try because trying on makes things worse," I choke out. I slam the flowers into his chest and run off before anyone can catch.

I walk out the front doors of the school and make it to my car just in time before the tears start to fall.

**

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Ashton asks for the tenth time this afternoon.

"I'm sure. You're with the newspaper crew so you kind of have to go. I'll be fine," I assure him.

"Okay. I'll be back by ten. See you later," he says. Ashton kisses my forehead before he heads out.

I immediately turn on the TV, grab a whole bunch of food, tissues, pillows, and blankets, and get ready for a movie marathon. Since "Expelled" got added to Netflix, I guess I can watch that.

Besides, if Cameron Dallas is shirtless it gives me an excuse to look at his abs. People make not like him but admit it, he has the body.

As I get more into the movie I start yelling at the TV especially when Lia and Cameron are about to kiss.

"No bitch! His abs are mine! Get your slutty ass hands off him! Fucking whore! I bet you have herpes!" I shout. I guess I'm just mad that I'm lonely tonight.

I hear a knock on the door and get up to answer it. I bet its some flowers Luke sent me like he's done every year or Ashton coming home early. Yeah, most likely Ashton coming home early. Like the people who deliver flowers don't even knock they just leave them there on your doorstep expecting you to know.

"Ashton, I said I would be fine tonight-" I stop when I see it isn't Ashton.

"Danielle Elizabeth Morel, will you go to the Valentine's Dance with me?" Calum asks.

"No."

"What? Why not?"

"Because we're supposed to be moving on. This always happens. I think this is a record for being away from each other. We can't be friends because we have feelings for each other, we can't date because we're already taken, and we can't be friends with benefits because we have feeling for each other! Our relationship is just too complicated. We need to end this all," I explain.

"Just for one night can we at least be friends?" Calum suggests. You know, that doesn't sound that bad.

"No."

"Get dressed and ready because tonight you're coming with me," he orders

"What about Bethany?"

"She thinks I lost our tickets."

I move out of the way so Calum can enter and head to my room to get ready. I already have my dress picked out since I've been planning today since December. I quickly shower since I had P.E. and change in a matter of ten minutes. I curl my hair because the curls had fallen out. I redo my makeup and in a hour I'm ready to go.

_________________
I don't want this to be too long so I kind of cut it short.