DAY 11 - PART 1

It had been a rough night. We had put Thomas in the Slammer so we wouldn't have to worry about him getting attacked by grievers.

But it hadn't stopped any of us from worrying. It was almost worse because I couldn't know what if anything was happening to him.

The rest of us had holed up in the Homestead. No matter how much we boarded up the windows or stayed in the center of the house, the grievers always broke through and took people.

We'd only lost 3 last night. Still horrible, but better than previous nights. I'd barely gotten any sleep after the grievers had left.

I'd wanted to go check on Thomas, but Newt wouldn't let me leave the Homestead. I could tell all this was breaking him down- him and Alby. Hell, it was breaking me down and I wasn't even the shucking leader.

They felt responsible for everyone, and I felt responsible for bringing all this upon everyone. But, I couldn't take it back. We had to leave this place, and I'd done everything I could to find our way out.

I'd debated it all night and I'd decided it wasn't any of our faults. Only the creators were to blame. Whatever kind of test this was, it was wrong. People shouldn't have to die for a test.

I saw Newt start to move and wake up. I'd been waiting for him, knowing he'd be upset if I left without him knowing. I'd already betrayed his trust so much, by putting myself in danger (repeatedly) and siding with Thomas last night.

He dragged himself up. "Hey greenie...you get any sleep?" He seemed in better spirits than last night atleast.

"I'm okay. How are you?" It was a stupid question really. We were all doing horrible. But, I felt like Newt and I hadn't had time to talk lately.

"I'm... dealing." I nodded. "I'm sorry for adding to your stress," I said, stating one of the things I'd actually let myself feel bad for.

"It's okay," he chuckled, "it was all worth it I hope."

I smiled at that, then remembered Thomas. We didn't know if it would actually work- if he'd actually remember enough to convince people to leave.

"Do you want to go check on him?," he asked, slightly wary. I nodded, staring off at the ground.

I felt strained. The thought of Thomas being alone all night killed me, even if he'd been the safest of us all and most likely passed out all night.

I'd let stab himself with that grieved stinger. If things had gone bad, it would be my fault.

Newt reached out a hand to help me up, and we eased our way through the mess of sleeping boys. Many were already starting to wake up. If they'd even slept at all.

We made it across the Glade to the Slammer. I peered through the barred window as Newt worked on the lock. I could barley make out Thomas' huddled shape in the low light.

Newt opened the door and I rushed in. He was still passed out, but he was alive. He was okay. That eased some of my worry.

I gently shook his shoulders. "Thomas. Thomas, wake up."

He shot up, gasping, and I flung myself back. He seemed to become aware of his surroundings. He looked to Newt, then to me, where I was laid on the ground across from him.

"(Y/N)? Newt?" he asked breathlessly.

"Hey Tommy, how ya feelin?" Newt asked cautiously. I waited anxiously for his response.

"I'm... I remember," he said, furrowing his brow and looking down at his hands.

I inched closer, crouched down. "What do you remember Thomas?"