Secrets Revealed

Liam's POV

Liammm

I hear my name dragged out and I know it's Louis.

Louis? Are you okay?

Yes Liam, it's all dandelions and daisies..

Even in pain he still finds a way to be sarcastic

Look Lou, were working on a way to get you out but Travis has amped up his security since the last attack. For now, we have to work smart we can't just barge in anymore. Is there anything we need to know before we come in there?

Yes. Travis has something called linchen. All I know is that it is lethal to vampires, try and see if you can figure a way around it.

And with that the connection was severed.

Linchen? What on earth is linchen?

"Hey mates listen up. Louis just told me that Travis has him on some kind of anti-vampire drug called linchen. I don't know what it is but I'm sure we can figure it out, Travis is not getting away with this." I was about to continue on when I realized Liv looked spaced out and had a look on her face like she was contemplating something really hard.

Olivia's POV

Linchen...linchen...where have I heard that word before? It was killing me and I completely blocked out what Liam was saying. When I looked back, all of the boys were staring at me.

"I think I know about linchen. Well sort of anyway...."

I stood on the footstool while my grandmother and my mom were cooking lunch. Then somehow I was outside playing in the grass when I saw grams go into the back garden. I wasn't allowed back there, so it made me all the more curious about it.

I got up and sneaked my way into the garden. There was a large green house with a glass ceiling but all around was hidden from the world. I walked in and was over taken but the sight of dozens of yellow flowers. The smell was somewhat sickly sweet. I was too caught up in the sight to notice that grams had spotted me.

"Livvy? What are you doing in here darling? This is off limits and you know it" Grams was a very beautiful woman and she was quite clever as well. She always knew when I was lying or hiding something so I did my best to always tell her the truth.

"Sorry Grams. It wont happen again I promise. I just always wanted to know what inside of here was like." She smiled.

"Oh honey, don't forget curiosity killed the cat. But since you're here, i want to show you something. This flower is called a linchen, it has a very special effect on certain people. Sometimes it can be a good effect or it can be a bad one. But you don't have to worry about all of this now, I will tell you everything when you are older. Okay?" I nodded and with that she took my hand and led me out of the greenhouse.

"I never went back to the greenhouse after that and grams never got to tell me what she had to. When my parents died, so did my grams. She was with them the night that they died." I started to break down and they all pulled me into a hug.

I sniffled as I spoke and my breath was shaky.

"But there was something else. After they died and I was going through my mother's things.  I found a book with a strange symbol on the cover, I couldn't open it however," They looked intrigued and shared a look amongst themselves.

"Why couldn't you open it?" Zayn questioned.

"I don't know. It seemed sealed and well I kept it because I though one day I would be able to open it, but no luck in that department."