0.5

Dear Amanda

I remember when I realized that I had fallen in love with you.

It was the first day of summer, and we had stolen one of your brothers bottles of whiskey, the ones that he hid under his bed, thinking nobody knew about it. 

Right when school ended, we ran away from the school to the parking lot where my truck was parked. The prank we had planned for the bullies had gone as planned, and they were all chasing after us.

We drove down the street as their screams and curses followed us.

We just drove, you turned off your phone, you said: I don't want this moment to be ruined.

I smiled, because it warmed my heart. A lot of the things you said and did, made me feel like that.

We drove to the roof top of that big apartment house not too far away from the beach.  The security guards told us to get out of there, and that no one was allowed on the roof. You just grabbed my hand and told me to run.

We ran away from the world that day. I remember sitting up on that roof, as the sun was setting, watching you drink from the bottle of whiskey you had stolen from your older brother. I remember how happy you looked.

That night, I think we laughed a little too hard, because I remember waking up with you in my arms the next day, and thinking how much it will hurt if you left me.

I never imagined I'd be the one to leave you.

Love Colin